+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The FORT Suggestion Box

Is there a way to sort the threads on the Other Completed Shows/Shows We No Longer Cover Forum to show the ones with recent replies at the top? Just thougth I'd ask.

Hey. i'm sure all you mods and John have given this a lot of thought, but is there any way you can just lock the whole F&G forum and not delete it? Not to be rude, I hope I don't come across as such, but I do enjoy reading the old games threads.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    I also appreciate the restrictions on signatures, and I love how we can change our "FORT Style". "Rupert" is fun, "Trista" is pretty, I like changing it up. This site really can spoil all other sites for a person.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

John..... a weeeeee little request? Can you put the spoiler tags back the way they were? This new one is difficult to look at in the normal post, but then when you highlight it it cuts off part of the letters. I had to Quote a post in order to read it.

Thanks!

Much better! Thanks, John!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    I'll have to ditto that, Critical. I'm afraid I was spoiled by FORT, as it was really the first message board I spent any time on. Now when I go to other boards and see the big sigs, I find it really annoying. I think that a few lines, like we're allowed, is more than enough.

I agree. I've lurked on other sites and I hate having to scroll down past signatures that contain mulitple banners, photos and declarations of love for celebrities.

Thanks John.

I think that new things for America's Next Top Model should be put off into a spoilers thread untill it airs. Most do want to see it, but people such as myself dont want to know anything untill it airs. The ANTM 6 backround with all the girls, and the ones with they're names have spoiled the Pre Show for me and I feel dissapointed.As for not being able to look at them, I couldnt do that because they are everywhere, wether I want to look at them or not. People made avatars of them with they're names and I find it difficult to not know who they where. That is why I feel that there should be a spoilers thread ( or a few ) for reality shows that have not yet aired.

Once a network announces the contestant names and photos, they're no longer considered "spoilers". If you truly don't want to know anything about a show until it actually premieres, a site like this probably isn't the place to hang out.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    The Bachelor screencap/spoiler thread has gotten crazy...my sympathies.

To keep the "speculation/screencap analysis" thread separate from the "I love so and so...they're going to win, I just know it" or the "so and so is such a pageant girl..she just reminds me a spoiled debutante" stuff that "fans or haters" love to post ad nauseum in a very great, high quality thread.....

Perhaps....

Similar to Forum topics where you have the Title bolded and a little phrase underneath...can you have the Thread Title bolded with a suggestion/reminder underneath of what the thread is supposed to be about?

For example:
    Screencap analysis
    "Talk about hands, moles, flipped hairstyles and missing shadows here..."
    Reality contestant so and so; may contain spoilers
    "Talk about why you think this person wins, snark away or profess your undying devotion here"

OR,

keep a screencap analysis thread by itself for sleuthing only and opinions/speculation entirely separate.

AND, if all else fails, perhaps put a line in about "ignorance is not bliss...try and read the entire thread before you post" or "don't quote a post with multiple pictures if you're only discussing one picture". (This is only for the screencap thread)

Thanks for keeping this place premium! Maybe I'm a little grumpy today too.
    Last edited by Igotalife; 02-20-2006 at 04:20 PM.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Without repeating Igotalife's entire post, let me just add a big AMEN to those suggestions. I vented on said thread about that very problem and rightly so, had my post removed. I knew it probably wasn't the best place to voice my concerns about exploiting and abusing a very fun and worthwhile thread for all the fanatic Bachelor sleuths like myself. I do want to say here, on this thread, that I come to the FORTj because it's a place where intelligent discussion, debate and unraveling of clues can be expressed without repercussions from fellow forum members. Every new season of that show and many of the other reality shows as well brings lots of new and enthusiastic posters who perhaps forget a little thing like rules and forethought before posting. I am sure I can be judged guilty at times as well, but honestly, I respect what you have created with this site, John.
    I don't want the excitement and enthusiasm for the show to be diminished and censored to the point where no one wants to post. (Let me quickly say, that I do not believe you or any of the mods have). I just don't want it to come to that point, so the suggestions of separate threads for Spoiler clues and one for Speculations, etc. would hopefully alleviate that problem,
    Thanks again, for keeping this such a fun place to share my reality show obsessions with others who understand and relate.= .
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

+ Reply to Thread