+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The FORT Suggestion Box

To some extent, yes, the General Discussion forum is appropriate.

REQUEST: Banners

ok I am putting in a request to allow banners in signatures

on other forums I am a member of we are alloud banners in our sigs and its a great way to show your appretiation for your favorite reality shows

I believe the standard rule is the banners have to be 100 in hight and 400 in width

I am just putting this on the table I am not sure who exactly to PM this to so im making a request thread

Some of the reasons we have restrictions on signatures is because they can get out of control quick. They also clutter up the posts, not to mention that images are very distracting. I've seen some of those fan banners (which are sometimes cool), but at the same time, they can be annoying too.

We'll take your idea into consideration, though.

I can say without hesitation that we will never allow images in signatures. Yes, there are many people on high speed internet connections, but there are also still a lot of people on dialup, and those people shouldn't have to wait forever for a page to load because people want an image in their signature. I can't stand sites that allow unrestricted images in their signatures, and I also don't like lengthy signatures even in text.

In my opinion, people should be able to express their love for contestants and shows by posting in those places, and not by spamming it in their signatures, or by having fan images in them.

Thanks John!

That's one of the many reasons that I love this site and don't bother with other ones. All of the HUGE sig lines with pictures and links and flashing stuff is distracting.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'll have to ditto that, Critical. I'm afraid I was spoiled by FORT, as it was really the first message board I spent any time on. Now when I go to other boards and see the big sigs, I find it really annoying. I think that a few lines, like we're allowed, is more than enough.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    I'll have to ditto that, Critical. I'm afraid I was spoiled by FORT, as it was really the first message board I spent any time on. Now when I go to other boards and see the big sigs, I find it really annoying. I think that a few lines, like we're allowed, is more than enough.
    I'm with you guys. FORT is so much easier on the eyes.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I agree with all of you- this is the only site I use because it is well-run. I actually have the signature line turned off, though. Very low tolerance to reading the same thing over and over again! And since I recall reading that fan art is now allowed in the forums (I think...), that seems like a great compromise.

Premium Member
    I don't go to other boards anymore. Some of the posts may have been a single sentence but took up a huge amount of space because of all the sig lines. One thing that used to really annoy me was the endless lists of "keeperships". It was not worth the trouble to pick through all that to find the actual post.

So John... Thanks for keeping this the best forum around.

FORT Fogey
    I ditto everyone else's comments! My friends made a forum a few month ago, and they allowed images in signature lines. I never joined, because they were just waaayy too distracting.

As Marley said, John, thanks for keeping this the best forum around.

+ Reply to Thread