+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Problem

Re: Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6;2659887;
    Anyone get a warning about a dangerous pop up ad today? I came to FORT and my anti-spyware threw a hissy fit. I had to shut everything down and start again. Anyone else notice anything?
    I had a malware scan thing pop up (to make my computer run faster! ), and when I tried to close it, it started the "scan." I had to end it from my task manager. FoRT was the only thing I had running at the time.

Yep, I've seen it too. It is an ad for a known malware distributor. Tries to trick you into installing. "Drive-by" installs can also happen with rogue antispyware companies like these. Here is a page with good info on programs like this- Spyware Warrior: Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products & Web Sites

If you get it, Ctrl+Alt+Del and end your browser session, do NOT touch the ad. If you did, run a legit program (some are listed on the link I posted-- I like Ad-Aware, SpyBot, and Ewido Micro, I can provide links if needed) to be safe.

Could you tell me why there isn't an option to post a reply in the Bachelor "Sub-Forum"? Is this a restricted forum?

I can see the "Post Button" in any of the other forums/threads, but cannot reply to any of the threads/topics posted in the Bachelor "Sub-Forum". (There isn't a "Post Reply" button)

Thanks

If it is a locked topic, there will be no option to reply.

I don't think it's a locked topic, how do I tell?
    Every topic in that whole subforum doesn't have a reply button, so is the whole subforum locked?

The whole sub-forum is locked. On the right side of your screen there is a little lock over a closed envelope just before the thread title. That means it is locked.

Okay, thanks.
    Is there a particular reason for this?

I don't know. Maybe if you pm a mod (in red) they could tell you more.

to the FoRT.

The entire Spoilers and Speculation forum is closed, because now that the show has completed airing, there are no more spoilers or speculation.

All discussion should move to the regular forum at this time.

FORT Fogey

I think this is the right place to post this ...

I just got a new computer. On my old one, I could come straight onto forums section and be logged on by clicking "remember me", so the "new posts" button and whatnot were there. Since hooking up the new computer, I have to click on one of the sections in the forum (one of the shows, etc) for the screen to recognize me as being logged in and give me the "new post" option. My cookies settings appear to be what they need to be. I'm not sure if I need to adjust a setting on the computer, or my settings for this site. (everything on other sites I frequent appears to be fine). And ideas on what setting I need to change?

+ Reply to Thread