+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Problem

Re: Problem

I don't pay any attention to the ads either. I couldn't tell you what ad is at the top of this page if I had to. I would be a terrible witness in a trial.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

It appears that, for the moment, the banners are gone.

I often notice the banners. U of Phoenix was the one that really caught my attention. So out of place. I think I even noticed the ad that was at the top of the page when I logged on prior to the re-direct. Unfortunately, I'm too old to remember.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I've reported the issue to the folks at TV Guide, who can hopefully disable that particular ad from running (tomorrow morning, I'm guessing).

Thanks for the detailed description, Uncle David.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

My pleasure. I hope it helps.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2345715;
    I just had the strangest thing happen. I changed my avatar and when I clicked save changes I got a pop up that said something about computer could be affected download system registry checker. Well I of course know my system is NOT infected and then it redirected me to system doctor (?) website. Had to use task manager to close explorer, would not let me close explorer via the X. Just thought I'd pass this on to all to NOT click anything. just do ctrl alt delete and end task that way.
    I just got that same pop up, this evening. It re-directed me to another site all together to download some cleaner thing. I did notice that it wasn't a secure site. I closed down Firefox and am running a virus scan to make sure nothing weird happened.

Ok, just read this page. Thank goodness it wasn't just me.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I just had it happen to me too....freaked me out when it first happened! Glad to know I'm not the only one! Mine was exactly the same as what Uncle David had so kindly posted here!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;2346053;
    I just had the same thing happen, Gabriel. I clicked on a thread and it immediately opened up a site asking me to download some kind of registry error checking software. Had to use task manager to close it out...probably some stupid spyware, like Leo said.
    I got the same problem as a few folks here. But unlike waywyrd, instead of downloading the software, I had to delete ErrorSafe. Somehow, it was already in my computer.

I ran Spybot and sure enough, there was an entry for ErrorSafe. Damn spyware.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I've been having trouble with the site for the last few days. (Maybe a week now.) I can browse the site for about 10 different pages but then the site locks up on me. At first I thought it was my IE and just shut it down and reopened it. But I have since tried going to a different site when FoRT won't go to a different page and its not my IE.
    I hate to be a PITA but I'm still having this problem. Its even getting worse. Sometimes I can only view 3 different pages before the site locks up on me. Please let me know if its something on my side I can fix. Thanks!

Please pay attention to the ad at the top of the page when the site locks up on you. If it's the same ad each time, take a screenshot for me.

There's nothing in the code of the site that should cause this. Have you run all of the standard computer-checking stuff to make sure it's not something on your side? I hate to sound pesimistic, but if an issue is limited to a single (or even 2 or 3) users, it's usually on their end.

+ Reply to Thread