+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New registration change

New registration change

We've implemented a change to rew registrations, that we think will eliminate a lot of headaches for the staff and other members.

When you're a new member, you may no longer start threads, use a custom uploaded avatar, have a custom user title, or use a signature line.

Once you've shown that you have read and intend to follow the rules we ask on the site, you'll be allowed to have all of the regular member stuff.

A Friggin' Princess HueyDueyLuey961's Avatar
    Good idea, John. I think this will eliminate another Gotti forum calamity, and we'll be able to keep around the members that contribute to the site.
    In Production Now- Decision 2005: A FoRT Game

As a matter of fact, I was a member of the Council on BB:TC.

We allow new members to use one of the 130+ "stock" avatars on the site. Until you, and all new members, have shown their ability to find an existing thread, and follow our other rules, those new members have restrictions on their accounts.

The avatar restriction is in place because new people don't seem to be able to follow our "PG-13" rule, and will likely not be changed.

Most sites don't allow the use of custom avatars. And most sites that DO allow them require much smaller avatars than we allow here. I think having a few posts under your belt and proving that you're a benefit to the community is a small price to pay for those allowances.

All good new rules Mr. John, Thank You! There was someone that had joined, I think it was here a few months back and all that this person was posting was a single word and a bunch of smileys in response to other messages, and not one original message of their own.

I really enjoy coming here, and it is because of the rules.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

A Friggin' Princess HueyDueyLuey961's Avatar
    I agree, Gabriel, this is the most orderly site I've ever visited, hence my panic attack when I couldn't visit FoRT for a week. However, I don't know if I'd have been saying this a year ago, when I really was not a good member and constantly breaking rules. Luckily, the mods let me stay, I discovered the FAQ, and I now have 200+ posts. Yay FoRT!
    In Production Now- Decision 2005: A FoRT Game

As a matter of fact, I was a member of the Council on BB:TC.

Well heck John, won't this put a stop to all those threads entitled "Why are all the other threads locked?" and then 5 minutes later a thread called "Why did my first thread get deleted?" Where's the fun in that?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Yes post number one is an incensed thread why are all of the XXX threads locked. Wonderful. Try reading the rules.

It's mainly to show everyone you are able to post coherently before you take the big step of starting a thread.

OMG XXX is soooooo Hawwwt . <3 XxXxXx OoOoOo, (insert moronic row of smileys), does not count.

It has the added bonus of stopping spammers from starting threads in a bunch of forums like they have in the past,

Ah, it is my solemn vow to prove myself worthy and obtain a much coveted avatar. I will rise to the challenge!

FORT Fan
    Hello all.

I've been a member for a few months and while I have a few posts under my belt, I still consider myself a newbie. I still tread on eggshells, I mostly lurk and I've yet to pick a avatar that tickles my fancy.

I agree the site should have rules. It gives one something to strive for. I love incentives.

Fantistic site!
    Overflowing with great topics!
    Respectful posters!
    Thank you John and staff!!!!!!!
    Last edited by sweetdreams; 04-08-2005 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    We've implemented a change to rew registrations, that we think will eliminate a lot of headaches for the staff and other members.

When you're a new member, you may no longer start threads, use a custom uploaded avatar, have a custom user title, or use a signature line.

Once you've shown that you have read and intend to follow the rules we ask on the site, you'll be allowed to have all of the regular member stuff.
    It's these kinds of rules that makes this such a great site.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast