+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Television Screen Caps

Television Screen Caps

This may make me appear beyond dumb, but how in the heck to you get screen caps from the TV screen? I have a screen capture program...and a cam...but how is it done? Is there some way to run the TV image in thru the computer for capture. Some of you techies know? Many Thanx...
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

I asked this a while back, and I am pretty sure they have a card you put into your computer so you can watch TV or have it transferred to your computer from your TV. I think they cost around $40.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I'm not sure how you'd do it properly but this is a shot off the tv from my camera cellphone.

You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    We have a couple of great sceencappers on site. I hope they'll stop by and give some help. I'm not one of them unfortunately You do have to have a card installed in your computer , not just a program.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter
    This may make me appear beyond dumb, but how in the heck to you get screen caps from the TV screen? I have a screen capture program...and a cam...but how is it done? Is there some way to run the TV image in thru the computer for capture. Some of you techies know? Many Thanx...
    I have a card installed in my computer (Hauppauge PVR-350) that allows me to record TV shows onto my computer's hard drive like a VCR does onto tape. Note: The cable vision cable has to be split and plugged into the computer as well as the TV.

For your edification, the video is stored in MPEG2 format and uses approximately 2GBs per hour at the quality level I use so you're going to want a big HD if you want to get into this.

Once the show is recorded I watch it using the included application and use its built-in function to make screen caps. There is a whole industry springing up to record TV shows onto computers, they are called PVRs (Personal Video Recorders), the most popular complete stand-alone commercial unit is called TIVO.

What else would you like to know?

FORT Fogey
    Danger Bunny, YOU'RE AMAZING!!!

+ Reply to Thread