+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what happened to the chat room?

what happened to the chat room?

alright, i confess...it's been awhile since i've been very active around here. but, was wondering...

1. what has become of the chat room?
    2. am i the only one that is awake and on here???
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Yup, you're the only one awake on here.

I think it got supplanted by the "party" thread in fun and games. (And I'm heading off to bed.)
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

John wanted it for other reasons than for friendly chat. I don't think you and I are the only ones who really miss it

Where's the chat room?
    I've never been to the chat room....
    realitytvbites!

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    John wanted it for other reasons than for friendly chat. I don't think you and I are the only ones who really miss it
    other reasons??? sounds dark and mysterious...what's john been up to since i've been away, eh?
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

I think reality was that John would like to see good discussion happen in our forums, thus promoting the well-being of the site. There are so many different ways folks can chat these days that having FORT sponsored bandwidth dedicated to that channel was pretty redundant.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    I think reality was that John would like to see good discussion happen in our forums, thus promoting the well-being of the site. There are so many different ways folks can chat these days that having FORT sponsored bandwidth dedicated to that channel was pretty redundant.

yeah, i suppose that makes sense.

Insane Squirrel free2b_a_skwerl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tvbytes
    Where's the chat room?
    I've never been to the chat room....
    I haven't been to the chat room either..........
    It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt by a tumbleweed!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Not surprising since It's been gone for about a year. As Bill says, it was effective at a time when there there weren't so many other places to go .

As for John "needing it" for some deep dark mysterious purpose - uh no. He set one up again when the site went down to give info to the members, and would probably do the same again if something happened.

The chat room is for use for administrative purposes, and occasionally when we have a server problem, to inform people what the status is (and during scheduled upgrades or moves).

The concept of a chat room directly conflicts with the concept of a forum, and we'd rather have people posting than chatting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast