+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Administrative error

Administrative error

I have gotten an administration error that has logged me out during the last two nights. I can log in, but it won't go to the forums. Scarlett has gotten the same error. Any idea what is going on?
    All the world needs a common thread, soccer, soccer, soccer
    TASAIL !!! ETHAN still #1!!! DISC Go Jon & Kris on TAR

None at all. Can you e-mail me a screenshot next time it happens?

can't get enough ANTM guillermoluvsme's Avatar
    ok i actually had the same problem, and i just assumed a mod denied me access for a few days because i posted in the graveyard the way i should not have. do mods deny access and if so what would cause me to lose access? because i thought for writing one post this was severe punishment.

Yes, we frequently give members a short (1-3 days) "time out" away from the site for repeatedly violating our rules, to give them time to reflect on the necessity of following them if/when they return.

If you were given that time out, it was for multiple repeated violations of our rules, not for "writing one post".

can't get enough ANTM guillermoluvsme's Avatar
    ok i was not sure if it was an error message or a "timeout". i would like to say that it is not my intention to repeatadly break rules, i just get them confused sometimes.

for example i started a thread about an allstars top model cycle, and it was erased i asked as to why to some mods, and they gave me the reason and it was gone. about 3 days later someone else wrote the same exact thing and it was not erased and is still up there.
    Last edited by guillermoluvsme; 01-05-2005 at 02:57 PM.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    If it is in the archives, then it will be erased. The archives are for news only on the former contestants except under circumstances such as just before a new show.

Our site FAQ state that we are not a fansite for any one show or contestant. We cover currently running shows, and dialogue on them after broadcast. If you are seeking fan type postings for shows that are over, please find a permanent fan site specifically for that old show or contestant. We simply don't do that here.

Once a show is over we don't discuss it, we go on to the next bunch. People do however post legitimate news articles on former contestants/shows/hosts from time to time, and thats fine. If you find an actual article about an upcoming all stars being cast or filmed, then by all means post it with a link to the original legitimate media site.( Not simply another fan site) Otherwise discussion type threads example for old shows should- could - will there be an all stars, is conjecture not news and is more suited for a fan site.

I have a question regarding that.

Say an Idol releases a new single, are we able to talk about it in their thread?

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Sure , thats news . Time, drop date , song list, collaborators . What has happened in the past however for contestants is that it sometimes becomes a discussion thread again.

-OMG that cd is so kewl - You have to get it R your life is over
    -You suck- contestant xxx has way better cds they have sold XXXXX units
    -Yeah well XXX is gonna blow YYY out of the water U suck worse and U r Stupid.

*sigh* It's much better than it was , but AI is probably the main reason we are so diligent about nothing but news. You get people fighting the same battles years later. Or doing the fangirly gushing thing. Just not what we want on our site.

+ Reply to Thread