+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is appropriate for a new thread

can't get enough ANTM guillermoluvsme's Avatar

What is appropriate for a new thread

Can someone please tell me what is appropriate to put in a thread? It seems like everytime I write a new thread the mods erase it. I wrote a thread today asking if someone had the photo shoot for top model from lee jeans, i go to check the status and it is gone. Why is that, is there something wrong in the way i asked my question. I did put some backround information in there. Can someone just help me understand so that when i write things they wont get erased?
    Last edited by guillermoluvsme; 12-13-2004 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Changing Title

1) Check to make sure the thread doesn't already exist. In this particular case, there is a Lee Jeans thread, with plenty of discussion that most likely already answers your question.

2) "Who is your favorite...", "rank the...", "what's the best..." threads will almost always be deleted.

3) Make sure the thread is on topic, well-named, grammatically correct and spelled right, and not meant for a small subset of our users.

How do I find this thread

Thank you for clarifying for me.

Then how would I go about finding this thread? Type Lee Jeans in the search?
    Last edited by guillermoluvsme; 12-13-2004 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Had another question

guillermo...

It appears that they've titled the portfolio threads by the Episode number, not necessarily with product name. So you can either scroll through the pages manually, or do a search on Episode 4 (which in this case happens to be on page 4 right now.)
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey
    While we're on this subject I thought I'd ask what happened to the thread about Christmas celebrations in schools. I thought it was a very interesting topic, and seemed to be quite tame. Unless someone posted something inappropriate that I never saw... anyone know what happened to it?

It was inappropriate for General Discussion.

John, I am so confused.

I started a thread that said do you think there should be a antm allstars. and then wrote my picks for 15 girls. i thought i followed the guidelines, i just feel bad because i dont want someone getting angry at me for continuely writing the wrong thing. could you please explain to me how i should have gone about that thread. sorry if i am being a pain

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Because in that forum there have already been any number of "who is your all time favorite" threads started already. Unfortunately for that forum they always degenerate into fights over who is best , and why everyone is Just StUpId and branded a hater if they don't agree with your choice.

In short, the forum and some of the posters in there have a real problem keeping to our site rules about respecting other peoples opinions, lingo. linking other sites etc.

i see thank you for explaining, i tried to reword it. i just wrote do you think it would be a good idea to have allstars with some ld favorites and so drama queens. hopefully that is ok if not i won't see it, thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    While we're on this subject I thought I'd ask what happened to the thread about Christmas celebrations in schools. I thought it was a very interesting topic, and seemed to be quite tame. Unless someone posted something inappropriate that I never saw... anyone know what happened to it?
    I've been wondering myself, as I started the thread. I am genuinely interested in how Christmas is celebrated around the world ? If it was inappropriate for General discussion where would be an appropriate place for it on FORT.

Merry Christmas
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast