yup......oops I just found it..sorry !! :blush
yup......oops I just found it..sorry !! :blush
You can always find a post you've made by going to your profile and selecting "Find all posts by XXX". It will show if someone's replied to you, too, and it takes less time than combing through the forums.
Originally Posted by hepcat
Okay I hope this is the right place to ask (I didn't want to start a new thread)
1) why aren't the Gottis on?
2) If I wrote a post I decided I don't like (because I think I hurt someone feelings say,) can I ask to have my post deleted?
3) Can we have a new thread in AI for a new show? There is a thread in there now with last weeks show asking "who should go and who should stay" and it's mixed up with this weeks show. No biggie but, would be nice to have a new one.
1) We Gotti'd the Gotti's Because it attracted every simple minded person on the INTERNET who only wanted to post OMG Jon (or insert other generic Gotti brother)is soooooo HaWWWWWWTTTT. After a few weeks of that, and a few bottles of Tylenol we gave up with the "please just talk about the show" warnings, and trashed whole forum. It was an exhilarating experience because we realized that if we didn't like the group the forum was attracting , or if the show was that bad , we could simply stop covering it.
2) Any post you don't like can be edited for 30 minutes by you. After that, send a pm to a mod ( anyone in red you see online ) . If No mods are on , a staff directory is available at the main index under view staff members, Above what's going on. The report post won't work for your own post.
3) For a list of approved threads for AI , please consult the forum rules in that forum, as it's spelled out quite clearly. That forum had a tendency to be clogged with too many "vanity" threads in the past, and most members did not enjoy it. There are enough legit threads to keep everyone going. You don't need a different "who do you think XXX" ? each week. It's redundant. The members and staff like our forums clean and focused. It's what makes us different from the headache of trying to maneuver your way through the dozens of valueless threads you will find other on other boards..
Thanks Eny for the quick reply! I can see that happening with a show like the Gottis. Too bad though as it would make for some good disscusion.Quote:
Originally Posted by eny
AI is good the way it is. Just that one thread that repeats regarding who should stay or go. I wanted to make a new thread but, didn't want to bother anyone by having to delete. I'll leave it alone this week. Next week will be less chaotic with the show being on 2 instead of 3 nights (I think)
I think I read the rule thing but, will read it again. I may not have read it in that forum thinking it was the same in each.
Finally, the reason I love this site (I don't bother with any other on the net) is because there isn't a lot of bs going on and you guys don't fool around. I've never been on a more organized site. (Tried in the past and always come back here) Or, I compare any site to this and none seem to measure up. Thanks for the great job you all do!
Just to clarify, mods will not delete posts unless there is a truly compelling reason to do so. We expect that people will think before they hit the enter key, and if they don't, well, sometimes they'll have to live with that. Having second thoughts about something is usually not enough reason for us to delete on command.
Other sites? There are other sites?!?!? :lol :lolQuote:
Originally Posted by JamiLee
At the risk of being redundant, I'm still wondering about my Thank Yous thread. I really do want to know what happened to it, as I actually thought it was a good thread and contributed to the site. If the mods disagree, I respect that, as it's your site and you make the decisions. But I'm still curious.
Can you tell me what I did wrong, so I can, hopefully, avoid repeating my mistake in regard to the new thread I posted early this morning on the Idol forum? The only thing I can think of is that I didn't leave enough room for discussion in what I posted? Is that it? Or is there something else I did wrong?
Thanks for any help you can give me. Oh, and if you need me to clarify - I posted an admittedly long-winded post for a new thread called something close to :
"Scripted? Count the Votes!" where I very logically (but still venting) proposed we need to get the show to start telling us our votes (the actual numbers) and thereby lay suspicions of our votes not having anything to do with why contestants leave the show, and that it could be scripted.
Please tell me why this is wrong for starting a thread.
Thank you. I love this forum and don't want to start doing the wrong thing - I really want to remain welcome here. Thanks for your help.