+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: STOOPIT questions that aren't so stupid

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: STOOPIT questions that aren't so stupid

Not unusual! As I understand it, certain words, or combinations of words, will automatically trigger a filter that sends the post to the moderators for approval.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Thanks for the reply, Uncle David.

Makes sense.

Yes, it was a particular word on the language filter that sent your post to moderation. It's approved now.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I had that response to a post that it has to bee approved by moderator before posting. Very odd, IMO. I can't for the life of me figure it out. Now I'm afraid I mispelled something terribly without realizing it and it was extra naughty. Not on purpose, mind you.

Okay. I know something must be up. I had another post get sent to a moderator. I know there were no questionable or odd words or phrases in it. I've never seen this happen before, but now I get two in one day? Hmmm......has this happened to anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Okay. I know something must be up. I had another post get sent to a moderator. I know there were no questionable or odd words or phrases in it. I've never seen this happen before, but now I get two in one day? Hmmm......has this happened to anyone else?
    It has happened to me a couple of times ... and I didn't realize it had something to do with language filters.
    I thought it was because the site was busy or something.

Since it is not posted ... you can't really go back and see what you did to trigger it.

Too bad that it doesn't come back and tell you.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    It has happened to me a couple of times ... and I didn't realize it had something to do with language filters.
    I thought it was because the site was busy or something.

Since it is not posted ... you can't really go back and see what you did to trigger it.

Too bad that it doesn't come back and tell you.
    I know that is the given reason, but both of my posts were short and had no unusual words or phrases. Nothing to be caught in a filter.

At first I thought I spelled a bad word by mistake, but then it happened again a few hours later. No way. I'm not buying it. lol

Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone though. Did your message ever post? Mine haven't. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I know that is the given reason, but both of my posts were short and had no unusual words or phrases. Nothing to be caught in a filter.

At first I thought I spelled a bad word by mistake, but then it happened again a few hours later. No way. I'm not buying it. lol

Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone though. Did your message ever post? Mine haven't. ?
    I forget to look .. but I remember once it did and once it did not.

I wonder if there is something that an auto correct may do ... or perhaps since there are international posters here some words may have different meanings somewhere else.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Guys, sometimes a post gets sent to moderation by the system. It is not something a staff member can do. It's nothing mysterious and it's not directed at specific posters. Sometimes it's a word and sometimes there doesn't seem to be any reason. It just happens. When posts go to moderation, a moderator has to approve them. Since we're human and not here all the time, sometimes it takes a little while, so please just have a little patience.
    TripleGemini likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Okay. Thanks for the info.

+ Reply to Thread