+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142434445 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: STOOPIT questions that aren't so stupid

Re: STOOPIT questions that aren't so stupid

How do you post images from other web sites in your posts..that you don't have to click on to open up? I click on "insert image" in the box where I type my post..but I'm having no luck.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

You have to save the image to your computer and then post it as an attachment. Just scroll down on the Go Advanced page to attach the file in your post.

You can't post images here that are hosted on another site. It's called hotlinking and it's considered bad netiquette because it pulls bandwidth from the other site, so we don't allow it. You can also open a photobucket or imgur account to host your images.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Ok..will try that. Thanks!
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

This may've already been asked/answered, and if it has, my apologies!

When I click on a link in a post, the link window opens up in the FoRT window, so that when I want to get out of the link window, I have to hit the "back" button on my browser window or mouse to get back to the original FoRT window.

Is there any way to adjust the FoRT settings so that clicking on a post link opens up that link in a NEW tab?

THANKS!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Pretty sure that's a browser setting. Honestly though, that's not something everyone is going to want, so even if we could change it through the site, I don't think we would.

You can always right click on the link and choose to open the link in a new tab or window
    TripleGemini likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Yes, that's a setting in your personal browser. On Firefox, you go into Options / Tabs and click on "Open new windows in a new tab." Not sure how to do it on Internet Explorer, but it will be somewhere in the settings.

Why is it so impossible for me to post on this site??? Rarely, for me, will a post just go thru when I hit the "Post" button. More frequently I will get a message "Leave this page?/Stay on this page?" or it will take me to a new page that says, "This page cannot be displayed." After I hit a variety of these error messages I will not-infrequently have my post disappear or have a double post! Many of my posts I just give up on. This has caused me to become a serial "Like" button abuser. Easier to agree than post. Even then, 3 out of 4 times with the "Like" button I get an error box that says, "Error" and I have to OK it. The "Like" will show up when I leave the page.

I run my PC Optimizer once a week. I don't have any similar problems posting elsewhere. Anyone else have these problems? Is it just me? Why is this happening to me? I refuse to believe that America would vote for me to have these problems because I'm so likeable!

But seriously, this is my most favorite Reality site and the one I consider "home". I sure could do with less aggravation when I want to post. Any suggestions? (Hitting "Post quick reply" button and hoping for the best!)

THANKS, Critical and AZ!

I AM on Firefox and tried the "Options" settings thingy.

Didn't work (my machine is as weird as I am, apparently! LOL!), but that's OK, I can just right-click and select.

Thanks a MIL for your timely responses!

n
    AZChristian likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    THANKS, Critical and AZ!

I AM on Firefox and tried the "Options" settings thingy.

Didn't work (my machine is as weird as I am, apparently! LOL!), but that's OK, I can just right-click and select.

Thanks a MIL for your timely responses!

n
    Ness, you can also hold the CTRL key when you click to open the link's target in a new window. (I tend to use that more than right-click.)
    AZChristian likes this.

I just (provisionally) posted on a CE thread. Notice states it'll appear after a moderator approves it.

Am I individually being moderated, or is it the contentious thread I posted on which appears deserving of a second, proactive looksee to assess worthyness?

+ Reply to Thread