+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: STOOPIT questions that aren't so stupid

Re: STOOPIT questions that aren't so stupid

You can only edit a post for a certain amount of time before the option goes away...I think it is 20 minutes.

Thanks - that was a quick response! Guess I'll have to start thinking faster....
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

nope. what makes a difference is TIME. you can only edit a post for a few minutes after you originally post it. once that time is passed, then it's there forever

Quote Originally Posted by SR5Rfan;3254459;
    Why can I sometimes go in and edit a post, and other times the button for editing isn't there? Does it make a difference if I post using the quick reply vs the go advanced? Thanks!
    I think you can edit for only a limited amount of time - either 30 minutes or an hour. I seem to remember that happening to me before.

I know I once read somewhere here that you couldn't change your (screen) name except with permission from the Mods. But sure can't find that again.
    I'm only interested in shortening my name rather than changing it.
    Can I do this?
    Thanks

Yes, you can thedragonlady

You can either PM The Mod Team, pm any one of the mods personally, or post the request here.

We have always only allowed one name change for each person.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Thanks for asking this thedragonlady! I've been wanting to change my name for a while and could not remember where I read whether or not we could do that.

Sending a PM now

I'm not sure if this was covered, so I'm sorry if it has been. A short while ago, I posted in an AI thread and quoted from a blog. I gave a link to the quote, but my post was still deleted. What's the policy about quoting from external sources? I only quoted a paragraph, and I've seen quotes from articles that were much longer. Or is it the source that counts? Er, let's just say that this particular blogger has not always been on the best of terms with FORT. The quote I gave, though, was perfectly innocuous and simply had to do with the TV show. Also, how do you determine who's the mod for a thread? The guy who started the thread doesn't have "mod" by his name.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

We only allow stories with links from legitimate news sources and blogs don't apply. You're welcome to paraphrase what you read on a blog, but we don't consider them valid news sources and don't allow links. If the blog is reporting about news that was reported somewhere like People.com or Yahoo news then original story is what should be posted and linked to here, not the blog. Does that make sense?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Yes, it does. Thank you.

(sigh) This is just not my day. How do you ignore somebody? And delete private messages?
    Last edited by Babbred; 04-27-2011 at 08:28 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread