+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: STOOPIT questions that aren't so stupid

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;2310414;
    I can get into the threads but it is taking longer. They seem to load half way, then there is a delay.
    Same here.

And I timed from when I hit the quote till the page actually loaded: 24 seconds (I have DSL).

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    One of the threads I had been having problems with was the AI spoiler thread...well its let me in there twice in the last few minutes but if I try to go to the previous page of posts from that thread, I get the dreaded white screen!

FYI, I've rebooted, logged off, scanned and defragged, cleared cookies on both my work and home computer and they are both getting the white screen!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FYI It's gotten better John, but it still is happening occasionally.

I have tried all day to get into the very last page of the Brangelina thread. (And, truthfully, it is not the end of the world!) I can get the second to last page just fine, but when I click to go to the next page, nope! I get the Windows cannot display webpage.

I even logged off and went in as a guest and couldn't access that page. I also tried both ways (logged in and not logged in) on my two daughters' laptops. Out of all the threads I check out, this is the only one that I can't seem to access.

It is not likely to cause me to lose any sleep tonight, but it just seems odd that this is the only page that I cannot access.

Oh one more thing....I still find that sometimes (not all the time) I will click on a thread and end up at the very first post....from years ago.....rather than the first unread post. This doesn't happen in most of the threads but it does happen quite often. I remember other people mentioning this a few weeks ago, but it is still happening to me. (Again, no biggy, but it is just kind of strange!)

Thanks!
    Last edited by MamaC; 04-04-2007 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2311849;
    I have tried all day to get into the very last page of the Brangelina thread. (And, truthfully, it is not the end of the world!) I can get the second to last page just fine, but when I click to go to the next page, nope! I get the Windows cannot display webpage.
    I can't access the last page either.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I thought I would give the Brangelina thread a try and I get the "page cannot be displayed".....which is different from what I get in the AI6 spoilers thread....I can get into the spoiler thread now but if I try to go back and read posts from the previous page of that thread, I get the all white screen....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Leo
    Premium Member
    I'm getting it now in the Oriental/Asian thread in CE, too.

And since the Oriental/Asian thread has been updated recently, it's appearantly not universal for all user, which threads you get into.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I am still having the problem of getting this error when I try to use the links at the top of the page

Fatal error: Memcache is not installed in /includes/class_datastore.php on line 270
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2311849;
    You sound like me, MamaC. I was embarrassed to even admit I was having a problem with that page. It's not the end of the world for me, either, but it is pretty strange that its the only thread I can't access.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread