+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: STOOPIT questions that aren't so stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2303975;
    I have a stoopit question on reporting posts. Is the post automatically referenced when the triangle is clicked, or should I quote the offending passage in the text of the PM?
    That was a fine question, Newfherder.

I've probably only reported a couple of posts. One reason for that probably relates in some ill quantified manner to the comment box that appears when you click on the triangle, leading me to conclude its time to personally justify whatever it is you think is out of whack with the supposedly offending post.

At the moment, I might be imagining rather than recalling, but it seems like I've cut off following to completion as many or more reports on posts midway through attempting to justify why exactly its such a bad post than posts I've actually ended up reporting; if that makes any convoluted sense.

Editing to add:

I just clicked on the triangle to report this post to refresh my memory of the process, and yeah, there's the box for commenting. Give me a box and I feel (or rather have previously felt) compelled to fill it with something. But thats just a quirk on my part, there's nothing that indicates commentary is required on the part of the reporter.

Sometimes it doesn't strike me like added comments would be necessary, like when there's an all too obvious word, or spammed element involved. But if for example you're reading a thread where the jousting between members appears to have developed into something personalized over time rather than specifically relating to something that glaringly stands out, the commentary option seems indicated seeing as you're then reporting about something others have observed possibly for days without either seeing or feeling drawn to note.
    Last edited by Leftcoaster; 03-30-2007 at 02:45 PM.

What are linkbacks at the top of the forum pages and how do I get rid of them? or how do I use them?

Can someone explaine in "dummy" language?
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Leo
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2307356;
    What are linkbacks at the top of the forum pages and how do I get rid of them? or how do I use them?

Can someone explaine in "dummy" language?
    It's basically a way to see who else out on the Internet is linking to a page here at Fort. If you just post here, you don't need to worry about it at all.

So those threads show who is copying from the FORT at another site? and when you click on it it shows me what they are copying?

Since I do not copy from here to another site, it cannot be recording where I post elsewhere does it? I don't post at aol or abc ....

How do I get rid of them?
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Leo
    Premium Member
    Not really copying, more like posting a link from there to here. When you click there, it shows the page where they linked to us.

As far as I know, you can't get rid of them.

OH - could we put them at the bottom?

Oh well - thanks

I'll take a look at it. You guys shouldn't really be seeing those.

I have a spoiler question.

The stations generally come out with episode previews and information. Is that information considered spoilers?

In the ANTM board (which is my main habitat) there is one thread for the discussion of previews, titles and such information which is marked as a spoiler thread. Are these real spoilers that shouldn't be discussed in other threads?

ETA: Example in the photo shoot idea thread people put "When they get to ***, they should do" and proposes something related to that country.
    Last edited by femme fatale; 04-02-2007 at 05:53 AM.

Yes, anything that has not aired is a spoiler. Whether it's from the official site or not.

I'm having a problem with threads loading. The page will load about half way, then I get a solid white page. I click refresh and the same thing happens. It seems to be a hit and miss and proposition.

+ Reply to Thread