+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: STOOPIT questions that aren't so stupid

<-----Should I be concerned that my little TV is not green even though I am logged on and obviously able to post? I've never noticed it that way before.

Okay, never mind, it's green now. That was weird. I don't know what I did differently. I posted in a couple different threads and it was grey. After I posted here, it was green.
    Last edited by anemone; 03-11-2007 at 12:25 PM.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Your little TV is showing green for me, anemone.

Your TV is green here also.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

All that green just in time for St. Patrick's Day !

I have a slight problem and I'm not sure if it's me, the FORT site, or something I should do with the computer.

On some occasions when it takes me a long time to type a post for whatever reason, when I submit the post, I get the "you do not have permission ..." and I'm prompted to refresh and log in again which takes me to one of 2 default pages for log in. When I do log in again, frequently ( not always ) I'm taken to a blank/white page, but my browser says I'm on fansofrealitytv.com. In order to get back I have to retrieve FORT from my favorites and when I arrive I am logged on again.

Needless to say, I've lost what I typed. I have formed the habit of copying my posts before I submit just in case, so I don't have to re-type when I stumble my way back in.

My questions are:

- Is this a time out thing with FORT ... or am I supposed to change something on my end ?

- In either case, why am I taken to that blank white page and not directly back to wherever I was originally at FORT ?

- Can this be fixed ... or do I just need a good psychiatrist ?

I hope that is clear. Technologically, I am only semi-literate, so if it sounds as if I don't know what I'm talking about, it's probably because I don't.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I don't have quite that much difficulty with being taken to different pages after being logged out, but I get timed out too when I type long posts, and then I have to log back in.

Leo
    Premium Member
    echo226, I can't explain all of what's happening, but here goes. What's happening is that if you don't do anything on FORT for some time - the time is 15 minutes, I think - you automatically get logged off. You were probably working on that post for more than 15 minutes.

Something you can try is log off, then when you log in have the "Always remember me" checkbox ticked. That means you'll never be logged out, but that if someone besides you uses that PC they'll be signed in as you automatically. Also, if you've got a long post like that, it's probably a good idea to dump it temporarily into Notepad so you don't lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo;2282160;
    echo226, I can't explain all of what's happening, but here goes. What's happening is that if you don't do anything on FORT for some time - the time is 15 minutes, I think - you automatically get logged off. You were probably working on that post for more than 15 minutes.

Something you can try is log off, then when you log in have the "Always remember me" checkbox ticked. That means you'll never be logged out, but that if someone besides you uses that PC they'll be signed in as you automatically. Also, if you've got a long post like that, it's probably a good idea to dump it temporarily into Notepad so you don't lose it.

15 minutes ! Yikes ! I am a comparatively slow keyer, but sometimes I get called away temporarily. I appreciate your response and the information ... now about that psychiatrist I need ...
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I've noticed that I can't see everyone's avatars. Any idea why some are showing up but not others?
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I have been trying to post pictures in MiG's thread in the Rockstar forum at the concert I went to last night. When I preview the post it is there, but when I hit submit nothing happens. Is there a reason it is not showing up?

If four posts with the pictures show up in the thread I apologize in advance.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2301919;
    I have been trying to post pictures in MiG's thread in the Rockstar forum at the concert I went to last night. When I preview the post it is there, but when I hit submit nothing happens. Is there a reason it is not showing up?

If four posts with the pictures show up in the thread I apologize in advance.
    I figured this one out
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread