+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: STOOPIT questions that aren't so stupid

Leftcoaster-

In User CP > Edit Options, halfway down the page it'll ask you how many posts per page you want to set it to.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

FORT Newbie
    Is there a way for me to be automatically taken to the first unread post in a thread? I'm not sure what I'm doing, but sometimes that happens when I click on a thread and other times I'm taking to the very beginning of the thread.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Beside the thread title there'll be an arrow, like this (although the exact icon may differ depending on what theme you're using):

Clicking on it will take you to the first unread post. There's also a "View First Unread" post link on every page of a thread with unread posts.

The little arrow icon at the beginning of a thread title will take you to the last unread post in a thread.

FORT Newbie
    Thank you SO much. This explains how I've been "accidentally" getting to my first unread post. :-) I just tried it out and it works perfectly!

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump;2130934;
    Leftcoaster-

In User CP > Edit Options, halfway down the page it'll ask you how many posts per page you want to set it to.
    Thanks, speedbump.

I didn't have my eyes peeled too well. The range offered (up to 100) was surprising, nice to have that option.

This is probably easy.

How long do we have to post a quick reply. I noticed it times out when I get stuck thinking or the phone rings or something. How quick is "quick" in real time.

I know we have more time when we click on Post Reply. How much time do we have there too?

Thanks.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I think that "quick reply" just means that you aren't going into "Go Advanced." You can still take your time to organize your thoughts, but don't have one-button access to some of the formatting tools and smilies.

Once you make a post, I think that there is a half-hour (26 minutes Canadian) window of opportunity to second-guess yourself.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Right, it has nothing to do with how much time you take to right a post. It's just a simplified version of the "quote" or "advanced" options for posting.

If the QR box doesn't appear, you've probably logged out. It should be there all the time, not whether you're replying quick enough.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

hepcat: Thanks! A few times I hit submit and it bumps me back to the login page so it could just be something on my computer

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2154568;
    ..Once you make a post, I think that there is a half-hour (26 minutes Canadian) window of opportunity to second-guess yourself.
    Oh, Newf. You are just TOOO FUNNY!

Of course, if I lived in Newfoundland on the east coast, I would have to wait an extra half-hour before it appeared/aired!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread