+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: STOOPIT questions that aren't so stupid

I Is Stephanie
    Is the post count supposed to go up when you're in the Games forum? Mine's not...
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Posts in the game forum do not count.

I Is Stephanie
    OK great! Thanks!
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Do we (FORT) have a button or can someone make one so I can add it to my myspace page? I bet there are a lot of us on here that would use one. I know I would! I am not a graphics girl but I know it can not be too difficult. Thanks! C

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale View Post
    I don't know if this is the right place, but what has happened to seeing who is visiting each forum and thread? I miss it...
    I think John mentioned in one of the other threads that when the activity on here is incredibly high, that function is disabled to make things run faster. I miss it too. I'm nosy and liked seeing who was on while I was!

I don't see the female and male gender symbols. Where are they?

Hi Baig, we just went through an upgrade so some features aren't back online yet. My understanding is that John has to put in custom features separately and we're concentrating on the basics for now.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Thanks hepcat! I saw the Upgrade 10/15 thread and didn't know if it was related to that or if it was my stoopit question.

What is hot-linking?

When I copy a picture, I go to its properties and copy the url. So what is hot-linking?
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

That's hot-linking. You need to save that picture, and re-upload it to a site that YOU control, like photobucket. If you're posting a picture with the URL on another site, then when it shows it here (to everyone who views it), it goes to that other server to get the picture every time. That eats a lot of bandwidth from that other server. Most people have to pay for bandwidth. In extreme cases, sites will shut down if they hit a certain amount in a month.

+ Reply to Thread