+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatars

Quote Originally Posted by mle9697
    Quick question: I created a personal avatar from a photo that I took of some art that I made. That avatar is now part of the FORT avatar gallery for some reason and I would really prefer that other people do not use the image that I created. How do I go about this? I emailed "suggestions@fansofrealitytv.co m" as that was the only email address I could find and I haven't received a response nor have they removed the image. Please help - it doesn't appear so, but the artwork is very personal. Well, the canvas that the art was done on is very personal.

Thank you,
    Emily
    Emily, the image you're referring to has been a standard part of the FORT's avatar gallery (available for any member to choose, if they don't want to bother finding a personalized avatar) since the day we went live, on September 15 2002. I personally uploaded it from where I found it on the internet myself at that time. It was on the internet prior to that, and in fact in quite common usage at several sites besides ours.

Your upload had nothing to do with it, and members are free to use it at their leisure.

The old caveat holds true: If you don't want something EVERYWHERE, don't put it on the internet in the first place.

Bet it's this one.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Newbie

no custom aviator

I have no option to browse or upload an aviator from User CP/Edit Aviators.

My friend has the option....she signed up a few weeks ago and I just signed up today. I can use the 3 pages of already made ones, but I have no customize option.

Help!

Welcome, Crue. This is John's post from another thread. Hope this answers your question.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    New registration change
    We've implemented a change to rew registrations, that we think will eliminate a lot of headaches for the staff and other members.

When you're a new member, you may no longer start threads, use a custom uploaded avatar, have a custom user title, or use a signature line.

Once you've shown that you have read and intend to follow the rules we ask on the site, you'll be allowed to have all of the regular member stuff.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Newbie
    Thanks, I'll just wait then.

lei
    FORT Fogey
    i apologize if i missed this somewhere, but i've been searching. how long posting or how many appropriate posts before one is allowed a custom avatar?

thanks

Yeah, well, I have been keeping an eye on things, and I can tell you with great authority that it is somewhere between 1 and 20,000.

firepixie! Just start participating and you will get there before you know it.
    Last edited by hepcat; 08-20-2005 at 03:14 AM.

See post #18 in this thread for John's explanation:

New registration change

Welcome to the site!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

lei
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferInCO
    Yeah, well, I have been keeping an eye on things, and I can tell you with great authority that it is somewhere between 1 and 20,000.

firepixie! Just start participating and you will get there before you know it.

hehehe thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    guillermo,

One other thing that you can do is just use Paint, a program that's on your computer under Accessories. That's the only one that I bother with because it's just simple and that's the only thing that I use it for.

When you find a picture that you like... right click on it and then select SAVE PICTURE AS and save it to your hard drive.

Then go to START - PROGRAMS - ACCESSORIES - PAINT. Within Paint, click on File - Open and find the picture that you want.

Once you have it up... you'll click on IMAGE on the tool bar. The first thing that I would pick on that menu is Attributes, because it will bring up the size of the picture as is. Then you should be able to gauge how much you need to shrink it.

If you like the picture exactly as it is (meaning you don't need to crop it), then once you see the picture size... go back to the IMAGE menu and pick Stretch/Skew. There you will be able to shrink the picture a set percentage. So... say the picture was originally 400x400, you know you have to get it down to at least 125x125 or smaller. So.. you'll go to Stretch/Skew, enter in 25% for both vertical and horizontal and then voila... you've shrunk it enough.

If you want to crop the picture a little, you can crop it in the Attributes section by changing the pixel measurement.

Then just resave your pic and then upload it as your av. =)

Hope this isn't too confusing. Also... you can't send attachments through PMs, so you'd have to attach the picture here and then ADK or whoever is around can shrink it for you.

Good luck!
    Broadway, I took your directions and now make my avatars...went back to see who gave the directions...it was You thanks, Broadway.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread