+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatars

Thanks for the welcome! And for the info. It makes sense! I'll wait my turn.

Anyone like my avatar?
    I LOVE KATAMARI!
    YOU LOVE KATAMARI!
    WE LOVE KATAMARI!

<- The Shark Is This
    ^
    | THERE HE IS!!!!!!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty
    Anyone like my avatar?
    Yes! I love it Smitty.. this morning I was watching it for a while..it's totally cute!! Did you do it?

Do you like mine?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Yes! I love it Smitty.. this morning I was watching it for a while..it's totally cute!! Did you do it?

Do you like mine?
    No. A friend gave it to me.

I like yours too!
    I LOVE KATAMARI!
    YOU LOVE KATAMARI!
    WE LOVE KATAMARI!

<- The Shark Is This
    ^
    | THERE HE IS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    guillermo,

One other thing that you can do is just use Paint, a program that's on your computer under Accessories. That's the only one that I bother with because it's just simple and that's the only thing that I use it for.

When you find a picture that you like... right click on it and then select SAVE PICTURE AS and save it to your hard drive.

Then go to START - PROGRAMS - ACCESSORIES - PAINT. Within Paint, click on File - Open and find the picture that you want.

Once you have it up... you'll click on IMAGE on the tool bar. The first thing that I would pick on that menu is Attributes, because it will bring up the size of the picture as is. Then you should be able to gauge how much you need to shrink it.

If you like the picture exactly as it is (meaning you don't need to crop it), then once you see the picture size... go back to the IMAGE menu and pick Stretch/Skew. There you will be able to shrink the picture a set percentage. So... say the picture was originally 400x400, you know you have to get it down to at least 125x125 or smaller. So.. you'll go to Stretch/Skew, enter in 25% for both vertical and horizontal and then voila... you've shrunk it enough.

If you want to crop the picture a little, you can crop it in the Attributes section by changing the pixel measurement.

Then just resave your pic and then upload it as your av. =)

Hope this isn't too confusing. Also... you can't send attachments through PMs, so you'd have to attach the picture here and then ADK or whoever is around can shrink it for you.

Good luck!
    Broadway, I used your instructions and managed to get my pic reduced and put on as my avatar......thanks so much!!
    Vonna
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Quick question: I created a personal avatar from a photo that I took of some art that I made. That avatar is now part of the FORT avatar gallery for some reason and I would really prefer that other people do not use the image that I created. How do I go about this? I emailed "suggestions@fansofrealitytv.co m" as that was the only email address I could find and I haven't received a response nor have they removed the image. Please help - it doesn't appear so, but the artwork is very personal. Well, the canvas that the art was done on is very personal.

Thank you,
    Emily
    That's what I'm sayin!

There's a FORT avatar gallery????
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Ok. What avatar is it?

/HAD to be asked.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I just took a look at the stock avatars we have at our disposal and saw the usual cartoon characters, stardust clouds, and Star Trek shirt logo...nothing that looked like a personal creation???
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I had a look, too. Just the normal ones in there. I'm guessing its just showing up as one of your personal selections, mle.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread