+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okay... mental midget DST issue....

Okay... mental midget DST issue....

Okay.... need I remind people that I have blonde highlights???

I have brought my laptop with me on vacation. For some odd reason my posts using this computer are showing up an hour ahead of time... as if the board doesn't reflect the recent DST change.

My computer is fine and shows 11:42, but this post will show 12:42.

I've already checked my Options under User CP and it is set for EST with the top Adjust for DST option. What else can I check?????
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Jay
    What do you have under "DST Correction Option"? I have "Automatically detect DST settings". Other members have "DST corrections always on". Try both and see if that works.

I had had it set on Automatically detect.... and then I had tried the Always On option. Same thing.. it didn't fix it.

I am thinking that since no one else is having this issue... it has to be something with my laptop because it didnt do this on my PC at home. Would that sound right?

eta: okay.. I think I knocked myself out of my own idiocy. I just went and checked my control panel and found that, while the time reflected on my toolbar was the correct time... my computer is set for Central Time. So I have fixed that.

Will I have to sign off and back on for it to have an effect.. and... would that really have had an effect on the message board? And... now that I think of it, that would change time in the opposite direction.

I really do need to not operate the computer after drinking. Something's just not making sense.
    Last edited by Broadway; 11-04-2004 at 01:09 AM.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Okay.... need I remind people that I have blonde highlights???
    *looks at thread title and opening sentence* Hey, them there are fightin' words....

*goes off to find out what DST even means*
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Don't worry, Broadway. I tried the options suggested here to fix my time, but it's still off too. I have no idea what to do about it. We can just be an hour off together, if you want!

Mine did it too.

I had it set to automatically detect and it never changed. When I tried the always on setiing, nothing happened. I switched back to automatically detect and the time was magically correct. I don't know what I did, but it worked.

I've done that twice now, Erin (switching it back and forth) and it still hasn't worked yet. Hopefully one day it will magically work for me too. In the meantime, I've actually sortof adjusted to being an hour off!

Charliebug, your time zone is set to Central. Would that have any effect?

Look at the blondedom I've created.

We're all in a Barbie world with Ineedadifferenthaircolor. (DST means daylight savings time, silly woman. Heh)

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Look at the blondedom I've created.

We're all in a Barbie world with Ineedadifferenthaircolor. (DST means daylight savings time, silly woman. Heh)

Thanks! Acronyms before noon just don't go over well with me.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast