+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: How to Post Pictures

Thank you queenb! that was the missing link! Thanks to Dinahann and John also, but queenb nailed the problem on the head.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2195501;
    Thank you queenb! that was the missing link! Thanks to Dinahann and John also, but queenb nailed the problem on the head.
    *THREADJACK* I thought I was the missing link? NYUK NYUK NYUK
    *END THREADJACK*
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Re: How to Post Pictures

Could someone explain to me, how I post pictures in my posts?

Sure. You sign up for photobucket, supload, or some other free image hosting account. Upload your image there (no spaces in the filenames, or they won't display here), and then paste the url it gives you, inside [img ]urlhere[/img ] tags (removing the spaces I included to get the tags to show).

Most of those upload places will give you a version with those codes that you can just cut and paste directly into the post, as those codes are fairly standard on message boards.

I Is Stephanie

If they're on your hard drive, you need to go advanced with your post, and there should be a little paperclip at the top of your post. Click on it, and a box with some blank lines will come up. Select the browse tab next to the line, and find the file on your drive. Double click to open it, and repeat with any other photos you want to put up.

If they're on Photobucket or a site like that, there will be a list of images, with 3 options underneath them: URL link, HTML tag, and IMG code. YOU want to click on the 3rd option, CTRL-C to copy it, and paste it (CTRL-V) into the thread reply box (what you type the replies in). At this point, you should see this:

[IMG]URL link here...[/IMG]

When you post the message, it will have replaceds the link with the image you wanted to upload!

Hope that helps!

ETA: well, John, you beat me to it.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I've taken to hosting my own photos. You're service provideer, more than likely, will have provided you space on their server. Upolad the image to a folder on that site and use the url identifying that location in the post.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2348528;
    I've taken to hosting my own photos. You're service provideer, more than likely, will have provided you space on their server. Upolad the image to a folder on that site and use the url identifying that location in the post.
    Aww..you've become such a pro now Uncle David! I can remember many moons ago when you asked me for help on how to upload pictures! I feel like such a proud mama seeing her baby bird fly out of the nest for the first time!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2351792;
    I feel like such a proud mama seeing her baby bird fly out of the nest for the first time!!!
    You should! I owe it all to you.

Johnsonator: If you really want help ask bbnbama. She is still the mistress of image posting. She must hold the record for images posted on FORT. Best of all, her image quality is unmatched.

(and she's a sweetie)
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Let me see how it works. It has been so long.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

For some reason, I'm trying to post a picture, but it's coming up as a clickable link. I've never had this happen before. Help, anyone?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread