+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: How to Post Pictures

Jamilee, your best bet for simple resizing is to download IRfanviewer free off the internet. It's an image viewing program with a few editing options. You can "resample/resize" down to 125x125 pixels and not lose much quality.

You can find IRfan by typing it into google, and there are free download sites that carry it.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Jamilee, your best bet for simple resizing is to download IRfanviewer free off the internet. It's an image viewing program with a few editing options. You can "resample/resize" down to 125x125 pixels and not lose much quality.

You can find IRfan by typing it into google, and there are free download sites that carry it.

I used IrFanView to resize it for you in my earlier post. It took all of about 2 minutes and most of that was trying to find where I'd saved it on my hard drive to upload it again. We just upgraded to XP last week and I'm still a little clumsy with it.

Hi Hep and Veejar,
    thanks so much for the help. I'll have to try that when I get home.
    I feel stupid about the picture thing as I like to think of myself as somewhat computer savvy. Just not with the pictures. Thanks again!

well. That kind of worked. That picture (avatar) is so tiny though. I'll figure it out later. Off to work
    <----how I feel regarding pictures .

I downloaded that picture thing. Stupid question ?
    how come when you go to pick say 125 pixels you can't have 125 by 125?

(I feel like this is a really dumb question but, I'm not too modest)

Because it keeps the height to width proportions the same.

Irfanview also has a cropping feature. You could crop the picture to make it more square by taking off some to the right of her hand. Then you'll be able to get closer to 125x125.

Thanks again V
    I think since I spend so much time on here trying to learn about web design and feel like I'm wasting too much time I'm going to pay to take a course. My brother has an amazing website and he's tried to teach me stuff but, he doesn't have the patience (for teaching) he's been doing web design for years. A course wouldn't be that much. I tried cropping and I felt like throwing my computer out the window.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    this is a test
    Last edited by J.D.; 10-01-2009 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamiLee
    Thanks again V
    I think since I spend so much time on here trying to learn about web design and feel like I'm wasting too much time I'm going to pay to take a course. My brother has an amazing website and he's tried to teach me stuff but, he doesn't have the patience (for teaching) he's been doing web design for years. A course wouldn't be that much. I tried cropping and I felt like throwing my computer out the window.
    Patience Patience. Work with it and before you know it, you will be good at it. I always copy something then work on that so I still have my original to go back to.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Here is one link for where you can download Irfanview. I second Veejer and hepcat: I use it, like it, and prefer it, even over big-money applications like Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop.
    Last edited by phat32; 05-22-2005 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Clarification: Link provided is one of many to download Irfanview
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

+ Reply to Thread