+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Everything about FORTcon 2004 (October 15-17, Chicago)

Quote Originally Posted by astrogirl_2100
    Of course, you'll get to see the picture on my cameras LCD screen and determine if it is suitable for publication.
    Whew! *wipes sweat from brow* That's a relief!
    I'll be bringing a digital too, and I'll extend the same courtesy - anyone who doesn't want their picture posted will be free to say so...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

I'm not sold on pictures, personally. For one, I hate being in pictures...and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone. We'll see what we can do, though.

I'm with you John. While I love taking pictures, I don't enjoy having mine taken. Honestly, most pictures that I take would not be posted - just for my own mementos of the trip.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Me three. I'm absolutely positively without a doubt going to abuse my mod delete powers on any pictures of me that get posted.

As long as y'all don't mind being our memories of the trip it's all good Cause I'm with OTS, I want pictures for myself but I don't have a problem keeping them that way for those that would rather remain unshown.

I will be bribing Amanda to delete mine as well. At least the unflattering ones.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Awww, we don't get to see photos of the event?

I'm guessing that there will be some pictures posted. As long as people ask permission before posting anyone else's pictures, and John doesn't mind, I personally don't have any problem with it. I think the main fear is that drunken, unflattering pictures will be put up for all to see. I'm sure if common sense and respect for privacy is adhered to, we can all share a few pics.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Wish I could attend, but I'll be there in spirit. I hope you all have a great time, and I'll be looking forward to a group shot of a couple dozen people with paper bags over their heads.

I wish I had seen this earlier, but while I was watching "Airline" on A&E last night, there was a scroll at the bottom of the screen saying they're looking for more airport stories to film. If you go to aetv.com, click on 'Airline', and then click on 'Tell Us Your Story', there's a form you can fill out to be on the show. It's good till late November I think. It would have been so cool to see a story on a bunch of FORTers flying to a convention in Chicago to meet for the first time. I wonder if it's too late for them to film this weekend?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Wish I could attend and meet some of you fellow FORTERs... but I am currently in process of becoming a permanent resident here.. and I can not cross the border while I am in process. I do hope John allows photos to be posted here.. so we that cant attend will be able to see everyone and the fun you have.

+ Reply to Thread