+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Everything about FORTcon 2004 (October 15-17, Chicago)

IMPORTANT REMINDER

The time is quickly approaching for FORTcon. Many have confirmed and I know we'll have a great time

I know that this has snuck up on many of you and now you are trying to quickly make your plans, but please contact me by Friday morning to let me know your final decision. There are still many of you that have given me a "maybe", but I really need to have you nail down your plans and get back to me at this point. If you've already contacted me to explain extenuating circumstances that are keeping you from giving a definite answer until the last minute, then you don't need to contact me again. However, I do need an answer from everyone else. I can't finish the planning until I get a final headcount and I would like to get that done by Friday evening. I need to update everyone involved and my hands are a bit tied right now as I await final confirmation from so many.

If you are serious about attending, please make sure that you are on my definite list because all further announcements/schedules/updates will be sent out in pm form to those planning to attend.

Thank you so much and I'll see you all in Chicago.

ETA: When you make your hotel reservations with the Holiday Inn, please make sure you are attached to our group. Thanks!

-Stargazer
    Last edited by Stargazer; 09-15-2004 at 04:05 PM.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

One month until FORTcon, woohoo!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Star -- if we've already given you the "definite" (already have hotel and plane tickets), do we need to contact you again?

Great question, Jewelsy If you've already given a definite, then you do not need to contact me again.

Thanks!

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    ONE MORE MONTH!!! i CAN'T WAIT.

Hi Everybody, especially those who live in Chicago and are going to FORTcon.

Do any of you have a spare couch or maybe just some room on a floor where I can stay when I visit Chicago for FORTcon? I have my own aerobed that I can bring, so I really don't need much. I'm trying to save money, but I'd really like to go. In return I can offer you a place to stay if you want to visit New York City.

I guess I never quite got out of the college student mentality, but I really don't like spending money on hotels if I can find someone willing to let me stay over for that weekend.

PM me if you can help me out.

Well, I decided to go, so I have now booked plane tickets and made hotel reservations. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you!

By this evening, I will be sending out a FINAL update to everyone who has let me know they are attending. If you do not receive a pm from me by this evening and you are planning to attend, you need to contact me. If you don't receive a pm, it means that I don't know that you are planning on coming. Keep an eye out on your inbox. I can't wait to meet you all.

Next week will be a fun week. I'm on vacation amd get to end the week meeting all of my fine friends.

astrogirl, glad you will be there!

So very excited to meet you all!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread