+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Everything about FORTcon 2004 (October 15-17, Chicago)

As mkwdood says, we need some internet camera/microphone/regular snapshot deal at FORTcon for all of us that can't come!

Have fun, everyone!!
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Manny, thanks! How cold is it? Are you bundled up in a coat, or just a jacket? Enquiring minds want to know!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna
    Attention everybody!

I have arrived in Chicago, and you all need to know that the name of the hotel has changed! It's now called Crowne Plaza Chicago O' Hare.

See some of you tomorrow!
    Manny, it's not the Holiday Inn any more, it's a Crowne Plaza???

When the heck? No problems with reservations, though, I hope.

I'm so jealous! I want to see some posting about what's going on, darn it! Somebody better let me know! If you don't have a laptop run down to an Internet cafe or something. I've just got a feeling some of y'all are going to have entirely too much fun.

I just called their 800 number (beginning of this thread) and yes, they changed the name on October 1st apparently. What fer? I do not know.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Oh great, as if I'm not already easily confused enough, they go and change the hotel name. I called the hotel though, and they said the name change doesn't affect the reservations or anything.

I can't wait to see everybody there--but after looking at the weather forecast, this California girl is already a'shiverin' her timbers (when did I also become a pirate?). I'll miss meeting all of you who can't make it, but will chat with all of you again when I get back!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Currently 54 in Chicago, here's the weekend forecast:
    http://www.weather.com/activities/tr...locid=USIL0225

Have fun everybody! I'm bummed I can't go....just like all the others in my situation. I was hoping to get to meet you all AND visit my family at the same time. Oh well, weddings happen.

If the weather isn't too bad, may I recommend checking out Millenium Park? It is supposed to be quite excellent, with many photo ops.

Also, don't forget to have some PIZZA!! And Italian Beef sandwiches for all of you carnivores. Nothing compares to a good beef sandwich--dipped for extra juiciness!!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Hello, hello all! No problems with reservations or anything like that . . . we were just worried about whether this was, indeed, the place where FortCon was being held.

When you guys arrive at O'Hare, the number for the shuttle service listed under "Holiday Inn" is still applicable, and that's what was so confusing. We kept asking the guy, "Are you sure?" By the way, the Crowne Plaza shuttles are bright red and ugly, and run every 15 minutes. Can't miss 'em. The services run out of "door 2," which is rather hard to find from baggage claim or what-have-you. We stumbled upon it by accident, but it's right across the street from the Hilton (at O'Hare). Make sure they give you accurate directions on how to find door 2!

Oh yes, and it's not very cold. Just a jacket is fine now, but tomorrow it's supposed to be colder. It's raining right now.

The hotel rate for internet is insane . . . $0.75 per minute, so I'm going to get off and hope this information suffices. See you tomorrow!

Have loads of fun everyone! I wish I could be there. But I'll be looking forward to many hilarious anecdotes from all of you, including "How I found door #2."
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread