+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Everything about FORTcon 2004 (October 15-17, Chicago)

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    .......and I'll be looking forward to a group shot of a couple dozen people with paper bags over their heads.
    I'll be easy to spot. I'll be the one with the lampshade on my head.

Wow, I didn't realize it was so fast approaching. I will see you all there....naw I'm just kidding. I know I scared a few of you though. Hopefully you all have fun, show me a ton of pics and take care of my Jewelsy, she's still innocent you know? :rolleyes

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    I'm looking forward to next weekend, but I'm really nervous about it. I have the feeling I'm going to be the little old lady of the group. Not that I'm that old you know, but still.... Lilleah backed out on me, so I guess I'm going to be stuck taking mr. gracie along for the ride. Be gentle with him, he can't even turn on a computer let alone get online and he never watches reality tv. (sigh) Doesn't know what he's missing does he?
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by gracie
    I'm looking forward to next weekend, but I'm really nervous about it. I have the feeling I'm going to be the little old lady of the group. Not that I'm that old you know, but still....
    Oh, no worries, Gracie! My parents are going, too, and they're "old." Not that they're that old, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    I'm guessing that there will be some pictures posted. As long as people ask permission before posting anyone else's pictures, and John doesn't mind, I personally don't have any problem with it. I think the main fear is that drunken, unflattering pictures will be put up for all to see. I'm sure if common sense and respect for privacy is adhered to, we can all share a few pics.
    I think you should have two sets of pictures. The everyone-meets-and-is-still-sober set that we all get to see and the other set that y'all get to use as blackmail.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

By the way: Are we having a FORT idol competition as promised earlier in this thread. Because if we do, I'll sign up right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    I think you should have two sets of pictures. The everyone-meets-and-is-still-sober set that we all get to see and the other set that y'all get to use as blackmail.
    They would just find their way out like the Paris Hilton video.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Wish I could attend, but I'll be there in spirit. I hope you all have a great time, and I'll be looking forward to a group shot of a couple dozen people with paper bags over their heads.

I wish I had seen this earlier, but while I was watching "Airline" on A&E last night, there was a scroll at the bottom of the screen saying they're looking for more airport stories to film. If you go to aetv.com, click on 'Airline', and then click on 'Tell Us Your Story', there's a form you can fill out to be on the show. It's good till late November I think. It would have been so cool to see a story on a bunch of FORTers flying to a convention in Chicago to meet for the first time. I wonder if it's too late for them to film this weekend?
    Regarding your first comment above, Qboots, you always make me laugh.

Regarding your second comment, what a great idea!

I can't attend either, so not surprisingly I'm hoping for pictures to be posted, too.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Chicago Weather

FYI for those of you coming in from warm weather locations here's the forecast for Chicago this weekend. Doesn't look too bad. Rain showers Friday, overnight low of 36 to 43 over the weekend and highs of 54 to 59. Chance of rain 20 to 30%
    http://www.weather.com/activities/ot...25&from=search

Oh, the high came up some. It was 49 when I looked the other day. Still, cold for us Southern girls.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread