+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: getting out of fort membership

getting out of fort membership

I've been sent some PMs re: those who want to leave fort and have their names deleted.

I couldn't find a thread/link for that.

How does one get his name/membership removed/deleted?

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I've been sent some PMs re: those who want to leave fort and have their names deleted.
    Who would ever want to leave the FORT?

? I can't imagine anyone wanting to leave, but couldn't they just not come to the website?
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

They could always email John.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Exactly. I can't for the life of me understand why they'd come to you, Eldee, about it, but clearly the thing to do would be to take it up with John. In a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    ? I can't imagine anyone wanting to leave, but couldn't they just not come to the website?
    If they'd paid for their membership, they might want a refund. That's all that I can figure.

I wouldn't want a refund on the greeness, it's tacky, but that's just me
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    I wouldn't want a refund on the greeness, it's tacky, but that's just me
    Well you and I are WAY above tackiness. Maybe it's someone who is having the amount taken out monthly and can no longer afford it, or just plain want to stop.
    As for asking Eldee, I ask her stuff all the time. And Texi, Jewls, Unk, whoever will listen. I don't want to call undue attention to myself where John is concerned.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Leaving the Fort? tsk tsk tsk :nono

I have so many "memberships" on other sites but I never want them to be "gone" from those sites, cause I like to stop by now and then. But since I have the Fort, I don't post on others, but it's good to know I could if I wanted to.

Regarding remimbursement.. Hmm.. I say lump it, take the "loss" and PM John about stopping the payments for the future.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Always PM The admin. Quite simple. If you don't want to be here GO. You can "get out" simply by not returning.Take us off your bookmarks, and don't key in the address. When we come up on google, don't click the link.

There are tons of folks who come settle in and have a great time. The only folks who chew the straps are the ones we ( we being the mods and fellow members who report the posts) call on violating the rules. Since we ask that you read them before you even join it ,and admonish zero tolerance before you click the "I agree" on joining, It always seems funny to us when we get a rant and raver who all of a sudden doesn't like it.

As for the money , if someone were to suddenly find themselves in a postion where they no longer could, or wanted to support the Fort. That's easy too. Ask John .We've never pushed anyone to support us.

Why everyone would suddenly be pming a member and not a mod or the admin is beyond me. It doesnt make any sense.

I belong to other boards too as a member, and that's what I would do there. I wouldn't dream of pming a fellow member , as I know they could do nothing for me.
    Last edited by eny; 07-12-2004 at 04:57 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast