+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: getting out of fort membership

I, for example, am never any help to anyone who has questions for me. Unless it's about bath products or nail polish.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Some of us don't spend a lot of time as we would like to trying to "cultivate" friendships with members online due to other real life stuff going on, but that doesn't mean we are not available to answer questions and so forth. I don't think any of the mods have made others feel uncomfortable just for the sake of doing it.

I didn't know John when I was at the other site, but I still emailed him when I had a question I knew that only admins or mods could handle. I wouldn't have gotten to "know" him if I hadn't done that.

If members feel more comfortable with other members, I don't see a problem in asking them questions. However, I don't think it's that hard for anyone to post their own questions rather than having a "spokesperson" ask the question for them. You don't even have to post it publically. Just send a PM to John or any of the mods if it's a question that requires some action taken. Just Simple as that, imo. No need for the added drama.

If I got a problem I will go directly to John. I dont have to have a spokesperson for myself. Overall I have enjoyed FORT and have made some nice friendships. I would like to continue that and get to know a few others as well. My questions today were just for future references. I appreciate all for their very kind and helpful answers.

I don't know why anyone would want to quit here. John, mods, writers, and members have all been very helpful and there are no other forums that come even close.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elle
    I don't know why anyone would want to quit here. John, mods, writers, and members have all been very helpful and there are no other forums that come even close.
    I don't think I could quit here unless John offered a twelve-step program. But he is way too mean to do that "Board suicide" cracked me up - and then John assists with "Board Homicide"

Anyone who can figure out "search" on this site should know that stirring trouble up just isn't possible. We are a pretty loyal group of people! And (I actually love this about the mods)...we have mods that have a delete key and some sort of ESP that lets them know that a post is out of line. They aren't afraid to use the delete key.

Anyway, I'm sticking around here until John organizes that twelve-step program....which...did I mention he is too mean to do that?
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

This is just about the only board I come to anymore. I agree, the FoRT is hands down the best board I have ever visited. I can get news, talk about books, see what's going on with my reality shows, exchange recipes... and get a laugh while doing it! for the FoRT.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    This is just about the only board I come to anymore. I agree, the FoRT is hands down the best board I have ever visited. I can get news, talk about books, see what's going on with my reality shows, exchange recipes... and get a laugh while doing it! for the FoRT.
    I actually spend more time reading off-topic forums than I do for reality TV related forums. :smile

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    I actually spend more time reading off-topic forums than I do for reality TV related forums. :smile
    Me too...this isn't just a reality tv board...it's a people/online friend board. The things I have learned from FoRT is massive (everything from how to clear my cookies to how to cook!!). And if I have a question or am just curious about something...FoRT is the first place I go. I choose my books after researching the book thread. I choose what programs to watch...I learn a good percentage of news related things. I love this place!
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

I love it when people try to dramatically quit a board. I guess they expect everyone to go 'God nooooooooo! If you leave our lives will never ever be the same! We'll cry every day, our keyboards will get gummed up with the tears, short out our computers and the FORT will DIE without you!! Please, for the love of God, stay so we can all kiss your whiney butt and make you queen/king for a day!'

Or something like that.

I don't know any of the mods here, but when I've had board related questions they've always been very quick to reply, very kind, and very thorough. And, I've heard if you ask them stuff nicely you may get a cookie.
    Men are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but you can't help but smile as you see one tumble down the stairs.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I haven't gotten a damned cookie!!

That's it. I'm gonna go ask eldee how to get outta this place!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast