+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Missing buttons/av's/pictures

Missing buttons/av's/pictures

For some reason I'm having a really strange problem tonight. When I use my Explorer browser nothing will show for me, from the standard buttons to the left of threads to avatars to pictures attached to any thread. When I use the AOL browser though all of these items come up just fine. At first I thought maybe I was being impatient and they were still loading, but alas that doesn't seem to be the case.

Did I accidentally change the settings in my Explorer somehow so that these things aren't showing? Or is there anything I can do to get them back that anyone knows of? I'm not a fan at all of using the AOL page and would love to figure out what the quirk is so that I can go back to my regular.

Thanks for any help!

Try clearing your cache and see if that helps.

I think I got it *phew!*. Thanks! I cleared the cookies and history, ran a scan disk (which of course this time found no errors), and then rebooted and it seems to be working again now.

Just curious cause this has been happening to me again....atleast once a week now....is there anything I can do to help prevent it? I know the steps to fix it, but is there anything I can do preventative-wise? Should I actually log out every now and then so it clears out my cookies?

Get mozilla, it's a life saver and way better then IE.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    Get mozilla, it's a life saver and way better then IE.

Try Mozilla, I doubt you'll miss IE.

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    Just curious cause this has been happening to me again....atleast once a week now....is there anything I can do to help prevent it? I know the steps to fix it, but is there anything I can do preventative-wise? Should I actually log out every now and then so it clears out my cookies?
    (Most of) your cookies won't be cleared out by loggin off (some will be cleared out by quiting IE if the cookies are set to expire at shutdown). The first thing to try is a forced complete reload of the page, hold down shift while you click on the reload page button, the browser will ignore anything it's got cached and reload everything from the web site as if you've never been there before.

browser problems

Hi Libra. Warm greetings from cold & snowy northern Alberta,Canada. Try downloading & using Firefox's browser. It is free & generally runs flawless. Due to Internet Explorer being so popular,it is easily & widely burdened with bugs;hidden spyware & malicious attempts by hackers to damage your pc. I have used Firefox for quite awhile & love it. There are several other free web browsers that you may download & use such as:Netscape;Mozilla;Opera.
    Hope this helps. Feel free to ask assistance for other conflicts or issues.

M.

I don't understand, maybe I am just lucky but I have never had any problems with IE nor have my friends that use it.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread