+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FORTcon Hotel Information - Updated 6/16/04

FORTcon Hotel Information - Updated 6/16/04

We now have information on where the activities will be held for FORTcon.

All activities will be held at the Holiday Inn O'Hare in Rosemont. The web site to make reservations is:

http://www.chi-ohare.holiday-inn.com/

The hotel's code is CHIOK in case you're calling the 800 number to make reservations, to make sure you get the right one. There are TWO Holiday Inns in Rosemont, so make sure you get the one at 5440 North River Road!

Our Group Reservation code is: FAN

We have a reduced rate of $99 (from $109) for nights surrounding the FORTcon. If you'd rather reserve by phone, please call them at 888-642-7344.

PLEASE, if you're going to stay at this hotel, use our reservation code to make your reservations. Our costs for this event are based on the number of room-nights we secure under our code. We need 40 room-nights (20 rooms, 2 nights, or any combination that gets us 40 room nights) to get our negotiated reduced rates for meeting rooms, etc.

Now that we have a place, we will be defining what events will take place.

Thank you for your continued interest, and we hope to see you there!
    Last edited by John; 06-16-2004 at 12:27 PM.

Thanks, John. I'm assuming that the group rate is only for the actual days of the covention, right?

I believe it's through the 18th, for those who may want to stay an extra day (as I believe you're planning to).

I just wanted to remind everyone that time is quickly running out to make your hotel reservations for FORTcon!!! If you are planning on coming, we are hoping you will use the Holiday Inn, as our costs for the Saturday event are based on the number of room-nights we secure under our code.

Please don't delay in making your reservations if you are planning to attend. They will only hold the rooms at our negotiated rate for a limited amount of time and we don't want anyone to miss out on staying among the main activities. We look forward to seeing all of you there.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I've had a few people ask this question, so I'll post the answer here. The hotel DOES indeed have complimentary shuttle service from O Hare International. If you are flying into Midway, you may need to arrange for your own transportation (I believe that Midway is on the other side of the city).
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

And a plus for taking the shuttle is, parking at the hotel (and any hotel in that area) is $13/day.

If anyone needs a pickup at the airport, we can arrange something for you, I'm sure, if the hotel isn't accomodating.

Ahh John you gave me a scare about the parking rates. I had to hop on the Twelve Oaks Suites website to make sure we have complimentary parking ( yep)
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Just wanted to let people know that I booked my reservations, and those reduced rates applied for Oct. 14--19, if anyone is planning on staying longer. This wasn't the hotel where I had originally planned to stay, but at those prices, couldn't hardly pass it up and would be helping out the FORT as well. Also, they gave me the room (two queen beds, nonsmoking) for $89.00 per night with tax of 13% = $100.57. FYI: Your credit card isn't charged; it's just to hold the room, and no penalty if a cancellation is made 24 hours prior to your actual stay. Next on the list--plane reservations!
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

For anyone checking flight information, I HIGHLY recommend www.itasoftware.com

You can't book your flight on that site, but it WILL give you the best fares possible for your searches. It was an Artificial Intelligence application developed by MIT which scours all the airlines' databases. MUCH better than any other airline's websites. I've found some incredible deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Ahh John you gave me a scare about the parking rates. I had to hop on the Twelve Oaks Suites website to make sure we have complimentary parking ( yep)
    Thank you very much. You saved me a "trip" through the website.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast