+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FORTcon 2004 Update!!!!!!!!!!!

FORTcon 2004 Update!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE

Well, I hope everyone has been keeping an eye on that calendar, because FORTcon is fast approaching. In less than five months, I hope to see you all in Chicago.
    We have a few updates to share to help you with your travel plans. Soon, we will release an itinerary of events.

Although we hoped to avoid it, we will have to require a nominal registration fee from all participants and guests. We decided that this would be necessary for two important reasons:

1.) To help offset the costs of the reception for Saturday night.
    2.) To help us get an accurate count of who will be attending.

We tried to keep the fee reasonably affordable at $15 per person. Reality TV contestants who are willing to attend will be exempt from this fee.

Registration fees can be paid via Paypal to fortcon@fansofrealitytv.com

If you donít have access or would prefer not to use Paypal, please contact John via email at admin@fansofrealitytv.com for alternate payment methods. Whichever method you prefer, please include your name and FORT username so we can verify your attendance. If anyone has any further questions, feel free to pm me or contact me at the fortcon address above.

Deposits at the hotel will have to be paid within weeks, so we are hoping that anyone who is serious about attending will send in their fees as soon as they are able to do so. Thank you all so much for your patience as we have been ironing out these details.

One more note. We are finalizing contracts for our "preferred hotel", and the location of our general reception areas. We expect to be able to announce this information next week. We will be able to offer slightly reduced hotel rates at that time.

See everyone in October!
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Thanks Stargazer! $15 sounds a little low "to help offset the costs" of the reception. I look forward to seeing the finalized itinerary and plans.

It's low, but sufficient. We're not looking to make a profit at FORTcon, we just want to cover expenses if possible.

Thanks John. If there is a list of things people can do or bring please consider posting it on this thread. I would like to be of help anyway I can. FORTcon sounds like it'll be fun and it'll give me the opportunity to sight see in Chicago.

Once we figure out what things we're going to do, we'll be asking for volunteers to help out with specific things. Signing up will be a good way to get to know your fellow FORTers better!

Where did the Paypal link go? I can't find it anywhere. The only thing close is under "donations", and it is set up very specific for payments regarding premium membership.
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

Ah, we don't have one set up for this, but I will do that.

Here's the PayPal payment button for FORTcon:

Member Name

Thank you!

Worked like a charm. I sent mine in (and did a separate one for my wife). Thanks for setting that up.
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

We've had a lot of requests to see a participant list. Although we won't release the names of the attendees because of respect for their privacy, I will post a breakdown of demographics for those who are interested.

So far we have:

78 and counting!!!

61 members
    16 Significant Others
    1 child
    3 confirmed reality contestants (this may be higher now, I need to check with John)
    10 Moderators
    9 Writers
    22 Premium Members
    21 regular members

The women also outnumber the men 2-1
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast