+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New FAQ rule

New FAQ rule

We've added a new rule to our FAQ that we've actually been enforcing for quite some time, but I felt it was necessary to put it in writing as it's become more of a problem lately. Here is the text:

We do not allow links to other fan-sites and other non-media sites, except with the express permission of one of the moderators in advance.
    We work extremely hard to bring members and visitors here and be the best we can be, and it is "theft", not to mention extremely poor etiquette, to attempt to direct our members elsewhere.

We DO allow the posting of "official" media articles, from real news sources, but we require a link to the original content on that site.

Posts with links to other fan-sites, or articles posted which were written by other fan-site authors, will be removed immediately and without notice or explanation.

We also do not allow our articles to be posted on other sites. Our material is copyrighted by our authors, and re-publishing this material is strictly prohibited. If we discover our content on other sites, we will request that the administrator remove it. We may also take further action here against your account.
    This may be a good opportunity for those who have been here for a little while, or haven't viewed our site rules yet, to do so. There have been some changes in the last couple of months, and they are reflected in our site rules.

Does that mean that some of the links that are in the Jokes & Funnies and Messed-up Things on the Web threads would be against the rules? And the links in the Fun and Games thread to online quizzes?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Primarily, we enforce the rule in reality show forums. Where people link to "hey, check out my new fan-site!" and "this is the latest article from Hippos Discuss Idol" and so on.

I took your advice and re-read the FAQ's, and I have to say it's a pretty good read. I know that sounds odd but it's true.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Hippos Discuss Idol
    Like, oh my gawd! How do I get to that site???
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Primarily, we enforce the rule in reality show forums. Where people link to "hey, check out my new fan-site!" and "this is the latest article from Hippos Discuss Idol" and so on.
    I'm such a dunce...I read the rules and want to make sure I'm following them..but can you clarify this? Posting non reality tv links is okay? For instance..in the General Discussion forum? These links I am referring to are usually information only links...not discussion links. I don't use any other website that discusses TV or anything else...(why would anyone want to go somewhere besides FoRT?) but I have posted a few links related to the individual (non-tv) thread subject. Is that a No-No?
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

Those are generally okay. We're trying to avoid people linking to "competition", and also avoiding people trying to use our large visitor base (that we've worked our butts off to build) to drive people to their own sites.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    Like, oh my gawd! How do I get to that site???
    Well, I'd post a link, but....

on vacation
    So just so I make sure I'm not breaking any rules, if say you're posting in the current event forum and you post a story from a website you found, as long as you give credit, is it ok?

I don't post anywhere else or have my own forum, so I'm gonna presume I'm safe with the rest.
    Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

If you're posting news stories, they must be from "real" news sources, and not from blogs or whatever. And you must include the link to the original content.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast