+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chat room?

Chat room?

I just noticed there is no chat room, was it taken down?

There used to be a direct link to it on the Forum page, which John took down after the FORT had a 'makeover.' But here is a direct link to it: http://client.sigmachat.com/sc.pl?id=43545

Why was the direct link taken down? I didn't know there was a chat room. I was going to suggest it. Maybe even giving access to only "green members" only. That way the chat room will still remain a "FORT community."

Mainly because we're not a chat room - we're a forum, and we encourage posting.

Although the chat room is there, we'd rather have our members using the posting and PM systems. "It's what we do".

I think most of the members like this system better too; I looked in the chat area a couple of times to check it out, but there was never anyone there. Actually it's better for me because this way I can come in in the wee hours of the morning when I get home from work, and still yack away - sort of!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    I think most of the members like this system better too; I looked in the chat area a couple of times to check it out, but there was never anyone there. Actually it's better for me because this way I can come in in the wee hours of the morning when I get home from work, and still yack away - sort of!

That is true Queenb. I really like the boards and reading the various opinions and posts. There are times, however, I want to have a conversation or debate and the PMing is not exactly formatted to that...and I don't use MSN instant messenger. I would not consider a chat room in any way or form a replacement for the functional use of this site. It would just be an option. Now that I know about the link to the FORT chat room, I may just use it in the future.

The chat room is nothing compared to the forum that's for sure. I was just wondering where it had gone... thanks!

+ Reply to Thread