Reality TV "big issue" forum?
Would anyone else be interested in a forum on this site devoted to general topics in reality TV? I've seen a couple of posts moved off show-specific sites when the conversation turned too general, but there is no natural place for them to go. One was moved into General Discussion, which claims "no TV talk", and another into Current Events, which is all news items. Since the focus of this entire site is reality TV, this seems like a good place to create a home for general discussion.
The topics that were moved, and a few other ideas:
Enough interest to ask John to consider it?
- why people like or dislike spoilers, and how they change discussion
- scripting of shows and the manipulation of characters
- responsibilities of producers when they create "reality" characters
- responsibilities of contestants to accept their created characters
- legal issues in talking about a show after filming
- consequences of reality competition/romance/fame
- public treatment of contestants post-show
- success of contestants in new ventures post-show
- responsibilities of contestants for doing post-show interviews
- financial benefits to networks, advertisers, contestants
- displacement of other programming
- societal trends reflected by different shows
- qualities of good or bad reality TV hosts, etc. etc.
Other topic ideas?
The race is back!
If it's general in nature, and concerns reality TV, it belongs in "Other Reality Shows"...
Yoffy lifts a finger...
I think some of those topics would make for interesting debate.
As do I.
Originally Posted by fluff
The race is back!
I do as well. But I'm not sure they warrant a new forum, at least at this point...
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.