+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picture Posting

Drain my brain.

Picture Posting

I have two questions about posting pictures; I'll try not to confuse anyone-

First one- when posting a picture how do I make the picture bigger? Everytime I have a decent sized picture it says it's too big, but it's really not. I see way bigger pictures posted than mine turns out to be.

Second one- when I post a picture it, what I save the picture under always show's in the picture link. This is really hard to explain. But I want to know how I just post the picture without the saved name showing underneath?
    I drive down the street in a Rolls Royce car. Use hundred dollar bills when I light my cigar.

If you use the "manage attachments" feature to add pics to your posts, you are restricted by the size limits, and they will be clickable thumbnails.

If you have the pic on some websites and you want to display it (remembering that it's not nice to steal other sites' bandwidth and any copyright infringements as well), you can use the IMG tags in vbcode.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    If you have the pic on some websites and you want to display it (remembering that it's not nice to steal other sites' bandwidth and any copyright infringements as well), you can use the IMG tags in vbcode.
    But where do you get the code of the picture (that you want to post) from?

If you are using Internet Explorer, right click on any picture you come across on the internet and then click on "Properties". In the window that pops up, you should see a line that says "Address: (URL)" and next to it a line that starts with http://...

Select all that http:// line and hit your control key and your 'c' key simultaneously. Then in any FORT post you make, type [ img ] then hit your control key and 'v' key simultaneously (we will call that ctrl-v), and then [ /img ].

For the [ img ] and [ /img ] tags, make sure you take out the spaces between the brackets and whats inside them. I put spaces in there so the webpage doesn't think I'm trying to put in an image myself.

Here's an example, I right clicked on your avatar, hit properties, highlighted the http://.. section, hit ctrl-c. Then I closed the window and went to the message writing part of the webpage, and wrote this: [ img ]http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/image.php?u=9816&dateline=1083378752[ /img ]
    (without the spaces inside the brackets)

And got this:

Be careful though, as John said it is not nice to steal other sites' bandwith. And when you link us to a site's image, you are using that site's bandwith to display us the image.

Simple explanation:

[ img ]URL to picture[ /img ]
    Last edited by Zaius; 05-01-2004 at 07:23 PM.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Thanks Zaius! Best explanation I've ever seen. I might even try to post a pic now.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Zaius - Thank you so much!! Testing, 1, 2, 3:

It worked!

I removed some posts here, and I will ask that anyone using the FORT's image uploader system who is not on staff please stop. It's not for public use, and if it becomes a problem, I will password protect it to keep it that way. The only non-staff member who has permission to use it is 13 times, for Bachelor screencaps.

Leo
    Premium Member
    If there is anyone who really wants to post pictures that are too large for the attachment system, sign up for an account with free photo hosting sites - a good example is Photobucket.

Just shakin' my head

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I removed some posts here, and I will ask that anyone using the FORT's image uploader system who is not on staff please stop. It's not for public use, and if it becomes a problem, I will password protect it to keep it that way. The only non-staff member who has permission to use it is 13 times, for Bachelor screencaps.
    Fortunately, you won't have to remove any of MY posts because I have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm from the Dick and Jane era. All of this URL stuff just throws me...

Testing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast