+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you make animated avatars?

How do you make animated avatars?

Yeah, I see that quite often. Those avatars, where there's more than one picture, and it flicks through several pictures and all. How do you do that? Do you insert all these pictures? Do you need some sort of program?

Thanks!

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I only know that you can use the program, Photoshop, to make animated avatars also known as .gifs. I'vew got that program but I haven't learnt how to make an animated av yet.

so actually i'm not help.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

You can also useJasc Animation Shop that comes as part of Jasc Paint Shop Pro...I'm learning to do this, but I'm not at all good at it yet. You can get a free 30 day trial period of Paint Shop Pro at jasc.com.
    Actually, I (and I'm guessing probably most of us here) download animated gifs from websites that let you get them free. Just use a search engine like Google, Dogpile or ask.com and look for "free animated gifs" or for instance.."animated gif dog"
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

on vacation
    This might help too. I remember this being discussed once here.

Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

Okay I finally decided to try out that Photoshop animation button and created this animated text av.

It isn't too bad for a first timer with a little help on the website.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

FORT Fan
    Thanks for the information, everyone. Does anyone know if you can do animated avatars with Photosuite III?

Great avatar, unexplained!

Quote Originally Posted by shusie
    Great avatar, unexplained!
    Thanks. I learnt how to do an animated av from Photoshop entirely on my own and the Help on the program. So, you could try out the Photosuite III first and see how you can make some.

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    You don't even need an expensive program. There's lots of shareware out that let you create and manipulate animated gifs with. If you do want to go with a commercial program, I'd suggest ULead GifAnimator.

I know how to resize regular graphics for avatars. I use a free copy of IrfanView.

However, I don't know how to resize an animated gif file. I want to use the following as my avatar.

"Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

You would have to resize each individual frame, and reconstruct the sequence using the smaller pictures. Or so I believe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast