+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: FORTcon 2004 - October 15-17, Chicago, IL

Dex
    Aw man... Chicago is a looong way from home! I so want to meet you guys (especially my party thread pals ), but I guess there'll be a next time. Maybe when the convention is over someone can start a forum and post all the pictures pictures pictures! Have fun, everyone! and thanks SG!
    Bollocks to your pompous hiney! -makerc

Quote Originally Posted by woogie

and OMG can we get advance tickets for Oprah?

woogie

Hi all...I normally stick to The Apprentice site but I'm starting to look around at what else is here. I'll be at Fortcon...with hubby in tow.

I'm living in Springfield, IL now (LAND-O-LINCOLN!) but I lived in Chicago for 4 years. There are some *terrific* suggestions up here so far about where to go and what to do...PM me if you'd like some more. I ate out quite a bit while I was up there so I can give some great restaurant ideas, for different price ranges.

Regarding Oprah, how to get tickets is posted on her site (www.oprah.com)....it's possible, but verrrry difficult, as you might expect. Tickets are free but the earlier you call, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    and Jerry Springer too, don't forget.

And Judge Mathis!

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I so hope I can make it. I'm a tentative at this point.

I would love to get a chance to finally meet my FORT friends face to face!

Thanks Stargazer (and supersecretorganizingcommittee ) for putting this together!!!

Wayner, I hope you can make it, too.

I would also like to thank that committee. Great job guys! Feel free to "out" yourselves here if you'd like. You deserve the thanks.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I wanna help...if there's anything you anticipate needing help with. I'm not above doing grunt-work even.

Isn't GrammarGoddess so nice and sweet to help? Stargazer is also doing a great job.

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    I would also like to thank that committee. Great job guys! Feel free to "out" yourselves here if you'd like. You deserve the thanks.
    Thanks, Star. I'm a committee member 100% devoted to creating a hip hoppin' rockin' FORTcon 2004.

I'm sure you could all care less, but I am booked at the Westin O'Hare for $109/nt, plus you get a $20 food voucher if you book online at www.westin.com. This is an excellent rate for an excellent 4 star hotel.
    I support the right to arm bears.

I think this is a fabulous idea! But I can't go. I've already signed up for a painting retreat that weekend. Good grief, I've got like three things on my calendar the whole rest of the year and you hit one of those dates? I should play the lottery.

Maybe we can have a live "can't-make-it" thread during the long weekend for those of us stuck in cyberworld only. Okay, I'm smacking my forehead now because I won't even have access to a computer that weekend - no TV, no phone, certainly no modem. Maybe next year!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread