+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: FORTcon 2004 - October 15-17, Chicago, IL

WOWSA!!!

Where have I been??? John and Paulie are coming to Chicago?? I AM SO THERE!!

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

Nooooooooo I'm in Hong Kong! sucks :phhht
    hahahaha well all of you have tons and tons of fun and remember to take tons of photos

I think I can probably go if I use a couple of sick days from work...I'll have to wait until I finish 'saving up' for a vacation I've already got planned for September before I can put back $ for Fortcon though!
    The Navy Pier sounds like my type of thing...also the aquarium; thanks for the info Daddio!
    Also, Stargazer, thanks! And, I'm very glad to see that we won't be expected to pay up front for rooms and so forth. Just my experience, usually when you make arrangements like that at a hotel, the 'deal' they give you - is a raw deal!
    Last edited by queenb; 04-15-2004 at 05:38 AM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Hmmm, my husband and I were talking about taking a long weekend around that time for our 14 anniversay, I'm sure I can talk him into Chicago. I'm wondering if I can talk him into this. (he thinks we are all nuts but he is now in love with the girls in the tight tank top tee shirts avitors that were on the site when he was here and I was trying to explain something to him.) So, maybe I can convince him. So, I'm a maybe. Maybe I'll come by myself and do the next weekend with him some where.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Event

Count me in. If you need any recon done, let me know, I live 20 minutes from O'Hare.

Julie
    Last edited by WebDivaJulie; 04-15-2004 at 06:06 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by John
    (A looooong time ago, I had a "Stump John" thread, where people could ask those trivia questions they always wanted the answers to, and I'd answer them.)
    Yeah, but you never answered my "Kings and Queens" question, you bum.

I'm definitely a definite now, BTW.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by lalol
    Nooooooooo I'm in Hong Kong! sucks :phhht
    hahahaha well all of you have tons and tons of fun and remember to take tons of photos

Ditto ... I live in Singapore ... Don't think I can even afford a plane ticket to there. Too Bad, if I lived nearby I would've gone...but yeah *pictures*

FORT Newbie
    am very excited. could everyone please suggest names of local reality tv types that we might draw out to meet with us? We could figure out how to contact them and then invite them to speak or sign autographs or whatever. local means no airfare to pay.

I know Jen, of the late ANdrew and Jen, lives in Chicago.
    I personally would pay Ian and Meredith's iarfare myself if they would agree tom come...but only in exchange for a one on one date with Ian. Sigh. Or Meredith for that matter.

I'm so full of good ideas for other people to do:

how about a FORT anthology of the best recaps ever? we could nominate out favorite, perhaps one from each show -- throw em together and make a book. Kinkos is our friend.

how about someone getting the reality tv powers that be to send reps, or at least telegrams congratulating us on our fabulousness?

the chicago tribune and the sun times ought to cover, as should at least AP and some others. I can send a note as we get nearer to the Trib -- I know the features editor.

what about that reality tv magazine that's out now? can we get sponsorship? do we need sponsorship? would sponsorship compromise us? has trista had enough of the liemlight (haha) or should we invite her?

and OMG can we get advance tickets for Oprah?

woogie

FORT Newbie
    also could someone please contact brock drywall and make him come so our love can finally be realized?

woogie

Quote Originally Posted by woogie
    and OMG can we get advance tickets for Oprah?
    and Jerry Springer too, don't forget.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread