+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: FORTcon 2004 - October 15-17, Chicago, IL

I wanna come too!! It's really bad timing for me, I have a Child Care Conference starting the Wednesday after and it's just not possible to do both.
    If I win the lottery between now and then I'll be there with bells on and so will the SEAC
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Good Lord! If a Mod would like to change my butchered spelling of "preliminary" that would be cool.

Yeah, you all should have lots of confidence in my attention to detail. Sheesh.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Thanks so much, Daddio. Nothing like getting advice from a native. We all know that the Chamber of Commerce Info can sometimes give a false impression. I'd rather have the word from someone who has nothing to gain.

Art
    Oh wow! A FortCON! How cool is that. That's great that you guys have decided on Chicago for the city. Its really a great place. I look forward to hearing more details! I live about 10 minutes away from O'Hare. And lets hope some warm weather sticks around for October.

Art
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    TRIVIA ALERT AHEAD: Chicago is known as the "Windy City" not because it is windy (which it is) but because Chicago Politicians are well known for their ability to talk for hours and hours about nothing and really fillibuster (sp?) and cause wind with their babbling.

REALLY. ??? THAT I did not know! I really did think it was because it IS so windy over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    I guess I have no point. Sorry for too much info. Just trying to help. I wont post any info on this thread again.
    Daddio, we're not trying to "shut you down", but we have a group of people in charge of planning for this, as you can imagine, extremely complex event. We'd like you to work with that group, rather than just tossing out ideas while we're working on other stuff.

Watching from Outer Space SpaceCase's Avatar
    Yeah! This newbie would love to meet other FoRTers at the Con - I'm so happy it'll be here in Chicago. I'll keep checking the thread for more info.
    Outer space is no place for a person of breeding. -Lady Violet Bonham Carter

I've had a lot of questions about who is coming and how many people are coming. The answer is I don't know...yet. However, I just wanted to take a moment to give everyone a look at the scope of this thing, so you don't worry about showing up and finding me, John, and three other people sitting in an empty bar.

Currently, over 60 people have requested that I add them to the list. Over thirty have definite plans to attend, with some going as far as to have their tickets already. Many of your favorite Mods and Writers are coming, as well as many of your fellow members. I've gotten literally *hundreds* of other emails requesting more information and expressing great interest in attending. Several reality tv celebs have contacted us, and we have plans to contact many more.

So, although I don't have any concrete number yet, it does appear that this will be a very successful launch for the FORTcon idea. We hope to have many of you join us in October.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Whoo hoo!!! I am SO tempted to go buy some plane tickets right now...who cares if I can't get off work..I'll quit for the FORT
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

I'm really THAT Dave
    With an event like this, perhaps even Steve and I will attend...unless that would drive attendance down...

Dave

+ Reply to Thread