+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: FORTcon 2004 - October 15-17, Chicago, IL

I wish I coud be there with my fellow FORT ers but there is no way that will happen unless some $$$ magically appears between now and then. I hope all of you going have a great time and let us know all about it.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    The blue line runs directly into O'Hare.

ETA: Oh. I just noticed you mentioned that, Daddio. But with that being the case, it's very easy to get into the city from the airport, so I guess I don't totally understand your point. You can always transfer to other lines.
    Thanks for the inside info Daddio. It's good to know if a 30 min ride might be doubled in some areas. I also had that misconception re: O'Hare too.

Since Amanda brought up more info to include the blue line, what is that? Is it a train line, a highway, a bus route? Please give an idea because that would help some people who might consider using that blue line mention but, have no other info. Thanks!

The blue line is the El. The system has several lines, all named after different colors. Blue, red, brown, etc. The blue line begins (or ends, depending on which way you're going) directly in O'Hare. It has stops that will let you off in a few different parts of downtown, and there's a stop (Lake? Washington? Maybe Daddio knows for sure.) where you can transfer to any of the other lines. It's fairly simple, and I was able to travel alone on it within just a few days of moving here. I have faith you guys would be able to figure it out too.

http://www.transitchicago.com/maps/rail/Rail.html

The Blue line hooks up with the orange, brown, red(?not sure?), purple and green(?) lines at Clark and Lake. And its all free transfers at that station.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

The links to the El and Metra sites (with maps and prices, etc.) are on the FORTcon web site as well.

Chicago has a good public transportation system, and it's pretty easy to get around. Driving on the major downtown highways during rush hour may not be the best way, but there are plenty of other ways.

And of course, while you're attending FORTcon, if you need help getting from there to wherever you want to go, someone will be available to help. These are things that really don't need to be solidified 6 months prior to the event.

Thanks AmandaG and Mr.Dobolina. I was sure it wasn't the road to the Blue Men's house.

I didn't see any events or possible events or suggestions listed yet. I look forward to that info once it's listed!

We will be working on an itinerary over the coming weeks and will have a preliminary schedule available to everyone ASAP.
    Last edited by Amanda; 04-16-2004 at 03:12 PM.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

That would be great. I'm starting to save some $$$ now. Other than meeting some great people, it would be nice to know where we are going to or if there are choices, etc. I look forward to reading more info on it!

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    I guess I have no point. Sorry for too much info. Just trying to help. I wont post any info on this thread again.
    Daddio, thanks for the info, and I'm sure we all appreciate all the help you've given us.
    I support the right to arm bears.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by evalaruefan
    I wish I coud be there with my fellow FORT ers but there is no way that will happen unless some $$$ magically appears between now and then. I hope all of you going have a great time and let us know all about it.
    Aww Eva. Definitely *try* to make it.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

+ Reply to Thread