+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How can we help conserve server resources?

I pitched in too.
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    My (very rudimentary) understanding of vbcodes is that they are what you use to bold, underline and otherwise alter your text.
    A full list is here
    http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum....php?do=bbcode
    Sorry if that's more info than anyone needed.
    Wow now I understand! Thanks Lucy

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    I just spent an hour deleting about 700 pm's. I really had no reason for keeping them...just too lazy to delete them when I read.

I'll try to do better maybe everyone should clean their pm's out?
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    2) Same place, at the bottom, you can choose which editor you get. If you choose "basic editor", you don't get the nifty little clickable boxes, but if you know the vbcodes for what you want to do, you don't need them anyway.
    I had no idea there was an advanced editor. You mean all this time I typed out the code when I coulda just pressed a button?
    Oh well, it helps me brush up on my rusty VB skills.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by pejibaye
    How about reducing the size of the avatar? Just as an example, I checked the size of all the avatars on this page, and while most of them are under 5K, one of them is 23K. I opened in Irfanview, reduced the color depth to 256 colors and quality down to 60% and saved again: it became 6K and looks exactly the same.
    Not a single reply?

Sorry, peji, I missed that the first time.

We allow roughly 30k per avatar. This is necessary because some people use animated GIFs.

We're fairly generous with the size and filesize of avatars here, and it's one thing I'd hate to mess with after-the-fact. It would involve too many people having to change their avs, unfortunately.

on vacation
    I changed my settings to 100 per page as well. I'm willing to do anything so I don't get "page not found" after posting something. And sorry, that's not whining as much as it sounds like it is.

And I'd be willing to not have an avatar and signature until things are running better.

The latest word from the host is that we can likely expect the additional memory on Monday, and that downtime when they do the upgrade will be 10 minutes or so.

Since weekends are historically slower for us, I may remove the registration requirement for the holiday weekend, and see what happens come Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaminginblond
    I changed my settings to 100 per page as well. I'm willing to do anything so I don't get "page not found" after posting something. And sorry, that's not whining as much as it sounds like it is.

And I'd be willing to not have an avatar and signature until things are running better.
    I have the same problem before and a small problem right now. But just leave it for a while it would soon be gone after a few days That's what happened to me

I've been on the 100 posts per page for awhile now, and I have to say, I don't understand why I did 25 per page for so long!

Try it, y'all, it's sooo much better!
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast