+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with subscribing to forum

Problems with subscribing to forum

Maybe this has been adressed before, but I tried to search facility in this forum and I couldn't find anything.

I'm trying to subscribe to the Bachelor forum. Usually, there is a link beneath the forum in the forum list that says subscribe to this forum, but that's gone. I have tried using the drop-down menu in the forum itself, but that sends me to the subscribe to thread page. The forum does not show up in my User CP when I submit from that page. The forums in my User CP all that a link that says unsubscribe, but when I try clicking on those, there is an error message saying: No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster.

Something is bungled.

You're right, this is a problem. I just tried it myself. Thanks for reporting it. I'll try to figure out what's wrong and fix it.

On the same line...how do you unsubscribe to a forum that is archived now? I tried to do this today and it will not let me.
    Thanks

Niether can i subscribe to the bachelor forum.

This might be a stupid question, but what exactly does subscribing to a forum do?

It's easier to just go to the folder you like then to have to go through the forum looking for that 1 forum imo.

Problems with Unsubscribing to forum

I have tried many time to unsubscribe "Playing It Straight" (the show is no longer aired on Fox) and couldn't do it. I get the message like this:

vBulletin Message
    No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster.

I have also tried to unsubscribe other show and it has the same problem. Can John or the mobs double check when you have a chance? Thanks.

If you've already posted in a specific thread, the next time you log on, click on "user cp" and it will take you to any posted threads of yours that have been replied to since you were last on. Saves a bunch of time. Then click on "new posts" and you'll see what was posted (even if you haven't replied to any) since your last log in. Filters out a lot of stuff you might not be interested in looking at and works as good as subscribing to a thread.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Speedbump, hate to break it to ya buddy, but you are set to auto-subscribe to threads, and that's what it does. You just have the e-mail notifications turned off.

As for unsubbing from forums, I'm not sure why that's not working, but I'm looking into it.

Boy, I'm batting a .1000 today in stupidity. I think my co-workers switched my coffee to decaf. Thanks for preventing me from any more acts of regret. *scurries off to find real coffee*
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast