+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: POLL - Is john too overbearing and hurting this site's open exchange?

Well said, tallgrl. I also lurked for some time before I ever posted because of how abusive most forums can be. The way this site is run is very welcoming to the intimidated newbie, imo.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    $5 says its granitaire.
    $10 says if it's not her then it's gotta be an AI fan.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    I find myself editting, correcting and basically moderating my own posts all the time because I am a very condescending, smartassed, opinionated person.
    Maveno, you a condescending, smartassed, opinionated person??? Gee, ya think???

(preparing to be slam dunked by Maveno again )

I had to add my thanks to the mods of this board...I know John doesn't independently make this board what it is....Thanks to you all

fellow flunkies
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

eldee you figured him out!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Wrong place, wrong time KaiCee ::::shaking my fist at you::: I'll getchoo!!! Yes I willlll!!!!

/can't mock-fight in front of the police station
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar
    Ok, what is "trolling"? I'm not up on all the web lingo. Well, truth be told, I'm not up on any lingo at all! Yup, tis true, I am a hopeless case. My wife and I have an age difference and sometimes I just want her to write a dictionary just for me...or one of those instant translators that travelors use. Or at lease a guide book. The saddest thing of all - I'm not really all that old...

IC

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tallgrl
    I've been around about as long as Winter and have about as many postings...but I love this site....I guess that make me a Flunkie-In-Training (F.I.T.) MOOOOOO.....
    Welcome tallgrl!! Nope, you aren't a flunkie in training...you get to be a Full Fledged Flunkie (try saying that three times fast ) along with the rest of us. To be a flunkie, there is no minumum post count required

I'm on this board for the same reason you said...I hate e-bashing on other sites, I have been the target of it for saying things that are misunderstood (I have horror stories of being flamed :rolleyes ). You are going to like it here...I've been here for awhile and haven't been flamed once (that I saw anyway...the mods may be deleting the flames away for all I know).
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

trolling = posting something intentionally in the hopes that it makes people mad and starts a fight.

Usually done by someone as a fly-by - they register, post, and then move on to the next site to do the same thing. That person is called a "troll".

Quote Originally Posted by John
    trolling = posting something intentionally in the hopes that it makes people mad and starts a fight.

Usually done by someone as a fly-by - they register, post, and then move on to the next site to do the same thing. That person is called a "troll".
    Here is the pic from the dictionary under the definition for trolling

+ Reply to Thread