+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: POLL - Is john too overbearing and hurting this site's open exchange?

Chompstick, that's a good one.

Yup, I'm one of the 14,595 (and growing) "flunkies" which is better than being a pitiful, troublemaker who is in despirate need of attention.
    Last edited by eldee; 04-08-2004 at 01:33 PM.

I think the results of this "poll" speak for themselves.
    This is a great site and I'm grateful to John, the moderators, the other writers and the members who help make it so. All Winter7's cry for attention has done is remind us to occasionally say out loud what we always think -- that this place, in all its friendliness and openness, rocks.
    But if there is a poll on the black mesh shirts, my vote is no.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

on vacation
    I've never had a problem here exercising my opinion. The difference is in how you do so. I've posted at other sites which specialize in a multitude of topics and I can honestly tell you, that not exercising control over what is said and how people are treated is not a good thing. You don't have to curse or be X rated to have a valid point whether people agree with you or not.

See Winter7, and I assume I'm talking to myself as you're banned, but it's called being an adult. ADULT. Those of us who post here love this site BECAUSE of the rules here and the respect of people, opinions and feelings. People who don't fit in are few and far between and never last.

So as they say, if you don't like it, don't let the door hit you in the free speech on the way out.
    Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

Quote Originally Posted by winter7
    The only members left are those who are his flunkies.
    JOHN GOOD. WINTER7 BAD. LEAD ON OH GREAT ONE!

THank you all for proving what happens when an egotist like John runs a site. The only members left are those who are his flunkies. I have quite enjoyed reading your "defenses" of John. Reminds me of those emperor has no clothes parodies LOL!
    First of all, you seem under the impression that this site was humming along waiting for John to drive it into the ground. He CREATED this site. This is not a social service.

Only members left are his flunkies? Since there are easily a few thousand members, that's as good as a cult following. So either we're all a bunch of brain dead morons or we share common interests and attitudes with John. (Btw, where are all the people to support YOU if this is a common attitude)

You have no idea what gets deleted. You have no idea the amount of crap that the mods have to sort through. If someone said something out of line towards you, it would be deleted, even now. This is not a site where you can hurl insults and spew hatred until you're blue in the face. This is not a site that discourages new voices and participation. That's what makes this site so unique. It's also the reason we have so many members.

I'm thrilled that so many people have become a part of the FORT. I'm thrilled that I was fortunate enough to be here from the beginning and see it grow. And I'm thrilled to be one of John's flunkies, or lackies, or whatever else you're going to call me. I simply don't care.

And I think PSi is my new hero.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

*i do what john says. i go where john goes.*
    gimme a freakin break. we are as large and successful as we are because of john and this site's rules, not in spite of him.

THank you all for proving what happens when an egotist like John runs a site. The only members left are those who are his flunkies. I have quite enjoyed reading your "defenses" of John. Reminds me of those emperor has no clothes parodies LOL!
    I'm glad you're so pleased with yourself, irradiating the hypocrisies of the internet. It makes me wonder if you're equally as concerned with morality and freedom in real life. I'm guessing . . . not. :rolleyes

Here's the basic gist of it. John runs this site privately, and if you want to stay here, you'll abide by his rules. This isn't violating your "free speech" or anything else; if it's a privately-run site, John can implement whatever rules he wants. It should also be noted that John works hard to make the rules fair and uses the the structure to help everyone's experience here be a great one.

Effectively, this is John's "home," and you're a guest who's putting your feet on the furniture. If you don't like the way things are run here, leave. We don't need you around.

Anxiously awaiting winter7 "LOL!"

All I can say is, I am what and who I am. If that's "too overbearing" for some, then that's the way it is, I make no apologies for running the site the way *I* want it to be. Ultimately, if the mods aren't happy on the site, then the site no longer has a reason to exist, because this is all for them. That's how it started, and that's how it'll end, if it does.

The other 14,500+ members are wonderful people, and I enjoy what they have to say and even consider a large group of them "friends". But when it comes to how the site's run, their opinion on that subject doesn't carry a lot of weight. As they say in politics, "the buck stops here". Someone has to be in charge and make the final choices - and egotistical as this may sound, I'm happy it's me. Because if it wasn't me, I'd save myself a TON of work and dealing with people like winter7 by just being a happy member at another well-run site. My wife would be MUCH happier.

What does vociferous mean?
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

I'd tell you, but it would be violating my ban on the use of the word, wouldn't it?

I have no idea...

+ Reply to Thread