+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: POLL - Is john too overbearing and hurting this site's open exchange?

Bwaaaaaahahahahaha when I saw the title of this thread all I could see was Poll: Is John too..

and I was trying to fill in the blanks while I waited for the page to load..
    Is John too..

Nice for letting us play with his toys?
    tolerant of disgusting behaviour?
    fair to the guests here who are bogging down the site?
    sexy for his shirt? So sexy it hurts??

LMAO I have nothing of substance to add to this thread.. I laugh at the tard trolls who come here and expect to be above the rules. A word of advice.. get over yourself and find a site with people like yourself so you can berate, belittle and bemoan each other.

:rolleyes
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by winter7
    .........but hopefully John is not afraid to actually get opinions from his sitemembers ....... I am sure he does not have the guts to actually let this post stand and read what many think of his meddling into forums simply because he CAN meddle as the site's owner.
    This is not a poll. It is a futile and immature attempt to instigate trouble.

If anyone doesn't like the job that John and the mods do, go to the zoo or the insane asylum. That kind of havoc seems to suit some people best. Whoever wants to just start trouble, waste time and uselessly take up space will not be missed.

But I *am*, in fact, too sexy for my shirt. And so sexy it hurts.

I think that John's control on this site ENABLES open discussion. In many sites where the moderation is much looser, when an opposing opinion is stated, it is not only the opinion that gets attacked, but the person stating the opinion. A lot of John and the Mods actions are for the purpose of allowing us a place to state opinions, and engage in open exchange, without fear of personal attack. The promotes discussion as opposed to hurting it. Personally I have never posted anywhere else. It took me a long time lurking and seeing the respect that John and his Mods demand of their guests for the site and other guests, before i felt comfortable enough to put my thoughts down on such a public forum. I think John is doing an excellent job running this site, and the fact that we will no longer have to hear from Winter7 is even more proof of his competence.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

Looks to me like someone just wanted some attention. :rolleyes Either that or boredom struck and they wanted to stir the pot.

This is a wonderful site, and I hope it stays just the way it is.
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Wouldn't happen to be your black mesh shirt, would it
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

PSi
    What? John's taking away vociferous?! That monster!

also, i didn't know there was an open exchange for websites? Who knew...

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    At first I thought this was a joke. Is this person for real? Please. :rolleyes

Oh and edited to add, I couldn't think of a more appropriate time to get this out of my system
    Last edited by Igotalife; 04-08-2004 at 01:19 PM.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by John

Everybody dance!

You know, I find it an especially rude thing to say on a day when John is doing yet *another* update to accomodate all the traffic when he could just throw everyone off but him and his friends and not have to deal with it. I"m just thankful that John has this site and continues to make it better for the enjoyment of all.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread