+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: POLL - Is john too overbearing and hurting this site's open exchange?

If y'all don't start telling everyone how evil and mean I am, I'm gonna start banning people. I swear I will. I have a reputation to uphold, dammit! How can people be afraid of me after all this gushiness?

ok ok....John....you can be pretty scary. Like there was that time with the whip

oops, that's right, I said I wouldn't mention that to anyone. my bad.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    *runs off happily to suckle John's teet with the rest of the sheep* Although the mesh does kind of get in the way......
    Shazzer, that gave me the most intense unwanted visual ever. *shudder*

Anyway, I think enough has been said about what an idiot Winter7 is, so..... John- you rock!

FORT Fan
    I would just like to add that I haven't been here long, but I love it. I came here from another site which allowed a lot of what I considered to be needless bickering and shameless baiting.
    And there is nothing wrong with that... if you like that kind of thing. And I don't, so this place is a little piece of heaven to me.

(but I'll pass on the suckling thing... if you don't mind, John. :wink)

Thing I find funny is that winter is married:

American Idol 3 2/17/04: Doesn't Anybody Want To Win This?
    Views: 6,370 Posted By winter7
    Why were Roman brothers advanced?

I told my wife prior to last night's show that there were two brothers who made it into the final 32 simply because they had a nice story of being estranged for years and then meeting at the AI NYC...

Oy vey.... I haven't laughed this hard since Lex believed Rob M.! Namely, last night. Winter7-- you silly silly---troll. You want a site where there's not control? There's the door---------> Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya! John, Mods and writers--- you all ROCK! Thanks for making this the BEST reality site online.

Fade to black
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    If y'all don't start telling everyone how evil and mean I am, I'm gonna start banning people. I swear I will. I have a reputation to uphold, dammit! How can people be afraid of me after all this gushiness?

Whenver I think of John, I think of Simon Cowell, and think to myself, gee that Simon dude sure is a nice guy in comparison.

There, happy John?

Not to join the sheep, err flock, err lemmings, err other people - but once upon a time I had quite a few run ins with John and/or his staff, and while I don't always agree with how they do things around here, I've come to understand and appreciate it over time. (OK, all you mods can take me off your ignore list now, I promise I'll be nice)

And I think this thread should be changed to the "John Appreciation Thread"

I do appreciate you John. Very much, you've been very patient with me in the past.

Oh wait, I'm supposed to be telling everyone how evil and mean you are.

John = Mike Tyson on a bad ear day.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Quote Originally Posted by hazyshadeof
    Whenver I think of John, I think of Simon Cowell, and think to myself, gee that Simon dude sure is a nice guy in comparison.
    Hmm..*scratches chin*...he did have that Cowell av for a while there...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    I find it pretty funny that this person is taking John to task for not "thinking logically" and yet cannot correctly spell "lonely."
    I like the part about "all the good it can do to heal the existing racial wounds. We owe it to the suffering the people of color have endured while simply trying to live the American dream"

Something tells me that Donald Trump and/or Reality TV in general are not going to do anything to heal these wounds or any other ones (Unless they can sell the BandAid brand). The American Dream and racial suffering just don't seem like they are top priorities of Mr. Trump or NBC.

(sorry about the underlines...I'm trying to learn those codes so I don't need the server-sucking advanced editor option)
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

Although I have a relatively small number of posts, compared to the many old-timers with numbers in the 1000+ range, I have found John to be about as tolerant and forgiving as the ruler-wielding nuns I had in Catholic school. Fortunately the priests had little interest in this plaid-skirted knee-socked school girl. :nono

(The above comments were made in the interest of keeping John's head from exploding with excessive ass-kissing and teet-sucking.)
    Lead me not into temptation ~ I can find the way myself

+ Reply to Thread