+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: POLL - Is john too overbearing and hurting this site's open exchange?

Yup, this site is stellar. When we were having endless flamewars on another site I'm in, I bragged up and down about FORT and how thousands of people could get along.

Too bad they flamed me out of there for being too preachy about getting along.

I think it speaks so well of John and how the site is administered that some of the most amazing, intelligent, interesting, fun and fabulous people I know live here.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    Maybe we need to add bracelets to the FORT accessory line.

*runs off happily to suckle John's teet with the rest of the sheep* Although the mesh does kind of get in the way......

Weston, you are funny!

what Hepcat said.

The FORT is the only board I visit. And John rules! <----just had to get more sheep-like activity in for the day
    Last edited by Shazzer; 04-09-2004 at 03:44 PM.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Vociferous vociferous vociferous vociferous vociferous vociferous vociferous vociferous.

Whew...I feel so much better. I guess I better say something on-track with the thread topic. Dang it, I guess I don't have anything to say that wouldn't vociferously repeat what's already been dialogued.

I do think winter7 should see a counselor for some the latent hostility that seems to be boiling under the surface. Why do people visit sites where they aren't happy? Does making one's self miserable constitute entertainment in his/her life? I'm not going to be able to sleep until I figure out the answer.

Reality? Really?
    OOPS!

Originally posted by eldee
    Who are the many people mentioned and do they all reside inside the same head?

Apparently so, eldee, and they're all enrolled in that same "creative" writing class to which they keep trying to lure John!

I, too, want to add my thanks to John and the Mods for all their hard work in providing such a nice and clean playground for all of us!

Hi Winter7-

You're not alone in this cyber world.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    *runs off happily to suckle John's teet with the rest of the sheep* Although the mesh does kind of get in the way......
    I'm happy to play nice, drink the koolaid and run with the herd. But I draw the line at suckling.

And at the pic, speed (um, there was actually a woman who'd be seen with that freaky dude? )
    Last edited by Lucy; 04-09-2004 at 04:24 PM.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I'm kind of late to the party... There's not much more that I can add to all the high praise being heaped on John, his mods and writers, and the FORT in general. Other than a big , a at Zhora's post, and some well deserved applause to John and his staff for making this site what it is - my home page, the only site I subscribe to financially, and the only site I've found where intelligence, friendship, wit, and community is held in as much regard as it would be in your own circle of friends and family. It's a sad thing that internet message boards and chat rooms have become a dumping ground for incivility - where people feel that anonymity gives them license be disrespectful and unkind.

And to winter7: the personal attacks you've lodged against John (sad that it always deteriorates to that :rolleyes)... I'm sure John will get over your scathing criticism and will move on with his life with only a minimal amount of therapy[/sarcasm]

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    You're not alone in this cyber world.....
    Very, very, sadly, I have seen that picture prior to your posting it, Speed. Against my will I say!
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Quote Originally Posted by GrammarGoddess
    Vociferous vociferous vociferous vociferous vociferous vociferous vociferous vociferous.

Careful, GG, you may get banned.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread