+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Forum Maintenance, Sunday 03/28 @ 7am Eastern

I get the email and don't seem to be having any trouble with it. I have noticed there's a longer delay now, though.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but it's annoying and I was wondering if others noticed the same thing:

When I go into a thread, it will start loading with the first reply in the thread that I haven't read, but as the page finishes loading, it will jump to the bottom of the page and I'll have to scroll back up... I suspect it's the ad on the bottom that wants me to look at it, but I'm not positive... Anyone else notice this?
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

When a page has finished loading, it should "jump" to the first unread post. If you start scrolling around before the page finishes loading, the results may be unexpected and not exactly what you wanted.

It's really only noticeable when the site's busy and pages take a little longer to finish loading, though.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    SFG, you mean the popup or the e-mail? I don't have the e-mail turned on personally, but I get the popups.
    I mean the popups...sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't. Like yesterday I had messages I didn't know about until I checked and they'd been sitting there for about an hour. But then after that, I did get a popup. It's not a huge deal, I was just curious to see if anyone else had that problem.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

If you click "yes" to open a PM in a new window, and then use that window for something else, vBulletin still thinks it's the PM window, and will never give you another popup. That sounds like your problem.

When I visited the survivor thread this morning (when survivor aired)
    The first glance I saw was all the threads closed I was like omfg is this some sort of joke? and I just remembered the new thing John was takling about to ban spoilers leaking into other threads
    Great job to John for the ANTI-spoiler leaking idea

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567