+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Connection problems

I just thought my cable was acting up again. It said that this site couldn't be found.

I'm getting the "server is too busy. try again later." message off and on today. Anyone else?
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Me too! And last night, it was so darn slow I decided to give up. I thought it was the ANTM crowd since there were like 400 people in there at once.

A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Server busy for a half hour this morning at 9:28 AM

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    Yup, I've been getting the busy server all morning too. Must be the extra traffic due to ineedalife's 40th birthday.
    I support the right to arm bears.

Count me in too as "server is busy". Also it was real slow when there were 400 people on but it speeded up when there were 1,000 people on, go figure
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I have temporarily limited the number of users that can be on the site at any one time, and it will turn away additional users until some leave. It's an unfortunate situation, because I don't like to turn anyone away, but the drag on the server makes everyone's experience bad when everyone's here, so it's hopefully a temporary thing.

For me, that server message didn't last too long. We're here now and that's what counts.

John, is there anyway that members have priority over guests--even though I know you don't like to turn people away?

I'm getting booted when I go to a new page, and if I write anything to post, it's going into cyberspace...lost forever..with a server too busy reply. It may have even been a profound thought.
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

I've got a hack that I've paid for development of which will do just that, BM. Currently, the "lockout" is overall, and not just for guests, which I think is poorly written.

Hopefully, the developer won't take too long with it, and we can get it in place. It's definitely the ideal solution. FWIW, it's a couple hundred bucks to have this developed for the site, but I think it's worth it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast